Liverpool (a) post-match thread

The performance was as good as could be expected with the back 5 we played. The two full backs defending was abysmal, especially for the third. And I have no idea what happens to our strikers at Anfield but we had way more chances than them without including three completely fluffed sitters.

All in all with injuries, ref, var, defence, strikers I think we were the better team and didn't deserve to lose but it was expected.

I've got to praise the team's character today. Never gave up and despite the finishing, they did play some nice stuff. Dominated possession and on another day, Fabinho would have blazed that over the bar and we would have taken one or our early chances instead. Unfortunately, once you give them an early goal, you're just playing to their strengths.

The thing I don't get is why was Salah's goal not looked at by VAR? Normally, if it's close, they will spend a fucking hour with rainbow lines to check if it's offside or not. But today, they didn't even check? Wtf is going on?

There is a very simple answer. He was offside and had they applied the technology in the way have been, this would have been very apparent.

It’s disappeared like a ship in the dark, dark night.

The thing I don't get is why was Salah's goal not looked at by VAR? Normally, if it's close, they will spend a fucking hour with rainbow lines to check if it's offside or not. But today, they didn't even check? Wtf is going on?

I think you know the answer

its not just down to luck or just not our day or you get them or you don't its simple cheating

if i was playing in that game i would be affected ?? when you see the stuff going on in the game and clearly rules not being apply properly and over looked because its at anfield then you bet it gets to the players and their games goes to pot, lets call it right here its nothing to do with the better team won today, its clearly a war on stopping manchester city winning the title again and punishing the quality and best team in england that's the rub because clearly manchester city was the better team

you have 4 people in a studio and one a die hard liverpool player and fan and even he's calling it hand ball ?? and laughing at how on earth can that be waved away under any rules, also the 2nd goal is a puzzle because the first clip skysport shown in the game looks like mo salah is offside ?? then its over talk with the game going on and VAR took last then 20 seconds to give it and skysport never went back to talking about it or showing replays?? but until half time and then they show it with a different clip ?? maybe photo shop to make it look on side ?? but that first clip in the game did look offside to me and all the other city fans

right enough moaning
am so proud of the team and pep, we stayed strong and just got on with it to the best of what they could do under the heat of a game and city would have won any other game in the premier league play like we did today, yes you are going to get all the moaning about misses and this player was shit or bravo should have saved the 3rd and 1st goal, but like i said in the heat of a big game and the officials being to scared to give us anything city was class and am so proud

all we ask is fairness and to be given a fair crack and play to the rules, but the officials clearly are under orders to not give us anything ?? even klopp was going mad at the 4th official for giving the goal because he felt there was a foul on one of his players, truly shocking by klopp and that is the power they have on the rest, because if pep was going mad and wanted blood and the goal crossed off he would have been sent off by mike dean

pep is the greatest manager in the world and when he is losing it some how turns it into a smile and knows to bring it under control, even today you could forgive pep for blowing his top on the touchline and giving large to the 4th official, but he knew what was going on and the pain on his face was clear and when pep hurts he smiles and you just know we are being done by

proud today and whatever the score we looked good and nearly getting back to our best and maybe in a couple of weeks we will be flying again and the injuries slowly coming back we will be there in the end and nobody will question our desire to win

Big plus for me today was Angelino. We've got a player there. Might need one too because you wonder about whether Mendy is going to fully recover.
Angelino is lower prem at best. A trier but not good enough for City.

Well hard to know where to start on this one.

Were it not for the clearly bent/incompetant/corrupt officiating it would be alot easy to pass comment on the why how and what ifs in that game. So trying to leave that side (impossible) I will try and comment on the rest.

No question Liverpool are a bloody good side and would be in with a good shout of winning it this year without the script writing of the premier League and the media.. Sadly our shortcomings on this occasion will be explained away and excused due to the non decisions made.

There are however some facts that cannot or at least should not be overlooked.

We did not play that badly at all. We were actually by a mile the better side in all but what went on at both ends of the pitch. On the few occassions Liverpool did get close to or in our penalty are they looked likely to score. The injury to Laporte and the non replacement of Kompany were exposed more today than ever before. Atrocoius defending particularly for the third and effectively the killer goal. How was that cross allowed to be made two City players nowhere near to stopping it.

At the other end their defence got in the way of almost anything blocking crosses and shots time after time. I thought they defended very well indeed. In attack they did what you have to do and took their chances. We on the other hand as is an ongoing and seemingly increasing issue missed chance after chance. Sergios in the second half was appalling. We might get a bagful against poor sides but this season against a decent defence we look well short. I wonder how many goals someone like Lewandoski would have scored today for us?

At the end of the day its easy to say the non penalty early on could well have changed the direction of the game. Lets not forget however our record on taking penalties is way short of what is rewuired or acceptable to win titles. Even if we had been given all three that we should have had we can hardly clain with any confidence of them all or indedd any would have been scored.

This team has rightly been praised to high heaven as has our manager who is without doubt the best we have had. Its perhaps vital that all concerned take a deep breath and consider that we might need to take a serious look at our own shortcomings this season despite having good reason to suspect our task is being made all but impossible by what is frankly blatant dishonesty and cheating.

I saw things that concerned me on Wednesday night and was slated on here for sayig so....it was piss poor likewise against Wolves and the Norwich result has since been proved to have been very poor indeed since they are looking very likely to sink to relegation without trace.

The season is far from over and whilst the title is not completely gone at this stage of the season, it would take a spectacular turn of events to claw it back.

I do however fear that this season could take a turn for the worse unless some serious flaws that have been utterly exposed are addressed promptly and certainly must involve some new faces coming in January.

The Henderson cross was a tricky one and I can't really blame Angelino for this one, watch the build up to the goal and you would see that Gundogan made it seem like he was going to close in on henderson, so Angelino took a couple steps back and went towards the box, only for Gundogan to abandon the chase and then take some steps back towards the same direction Angelino was heading towards!
Liverpool blocked everything today, crosses, shots, we need to da that more

No
Wrong
VAR and corruption cost us the game

Well, whatever. If you want to wallow in victim mentality that's your choice. All I am saying is that despite VAR and the ref, we fucked it up with bags of missed chances that should have been taken, and goals given away that never should have been given away.

All depends on what you want to concentrate on. Being a victim of VAR or seeing it like it is. Yes I agree that VAR is a huge fuck up. No doubt about that, but we're stuck with it and if we had taken our chances and not given away some of those goals (especially the first), we wouldn't be sitting here being pissed off about losing, VAR or no VAR.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.