Liverpool (a) post-match thread

Gundog is good in matches we dominate. He's no David Silva when we need him to be, & is no Fernandinho when we need him to be either. He's a player who's effective when surrounded by great players, but he's not a player who can drag the team up by their boot straps on his own which is what we need from him.

We're struggling because we don't have the Merlin of 2-3 seasons ago, & it seems we have no successor right here, right now. Hopefully Bernardo & KDB will soon rediscover their mojo...
We may have a successor if we give him the chance

I didn’t say he’s the reason we lost, did I? I think he’s a problem when he plays in the attacking role, obviously. That’s why I wrote it.
So, in a post match thread we lost, you listed a bunch of games where we lost, and then said Gundogan was this, that and the other....but that’s not what you meant.

Got it!

How could you know this on the basis of 2-3 games alone? Angelino was voted best talent in Eredivisie last season ahead of many Ajax players.

If you think you can estimate the quality of a player on the nasis of several games, you better apply for a job at City, you might be a genius scout, who knows?
It's just a hunch I have about him, I don't think he'll make it at City.

Other than his goal, Mane was barely in the game which shows how well Kyle handled him, but unfortunately we lose so much going forward with Kyle as he’s just not good enough in the final third.

These games have shown to me that David is the most valuable player in our team. Without him, we can't seem to link up play or penetrate when reaching the box. KdB and Bernie lack some of Silva's creativity (e.g., last pass, one-two, unmarking forwards, ...). Using Gundo and his Dinkies just adds to the issue. I think KdB and Bernie have to step up in the midfield. As I said before, a solid CB, the return of Laporte and a tall CF are requirements at this stage as far as I am concerned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.