Var debate 2019/20

Given the wide angle shot, you can see the advertising hoardings on the far side are curved. The vertex of the curve gives an indication of the focal length used (in this case short), and the position of the camera in relation to the image.

Given that the vertex is slightly off centre, the geometry of those lines is pretty much the opposite of what I would expect. That picture is not kosher.
That's just keeping things in perspective....
Thanks.

Here's the one Sky put out. Notice the line isn't aligned to the grass line lol

EJCEAJ1X0AUtO1T
Cheating ****s
The VAR line and the penalty area should be parallel lines, they are clearly not.
The Var line is drawn to allow the person furthest away look behind the line.

Cheating ****s
The VAR line and the penalty area should be parallel lines, they are clearly not.
The Var line is drawn to allow the person furthest away look behind the line.
Have the Dipper's released a statement to say their groundsman wasn't wearing his glasses when he cut the grass, and the lines actually aren't straight?

Have the Dipper's released a statement to say their groundsman wasn't wearing his glasses when he cut the grass, and the lines actually aren't straight?
I didn’t use the grass lines, although they are usually parallel.
However the edge of the area has to be parallel to the ends of the pitch and the halfway line, hence give you perspective on the VAR line not being parallel

Here's the one Sky put out. Notice the line isn't aligned to the grass line lol

EJCEAJ1X0AUtO1T

I think the real question for me is when we are judging "kicked" - is it the first frame when the ball comes off the foot, the first frame the boot makes contact or something else? That image you can't see the player kicking it, so it's basically meaningless. But I suspect it all comes down to when you "judge" a kick to have happened in relation to television equipment, and none of this is in the laws of the game.

Listening to 5Live on the way to work and they had Kompany in for an interview (which was really good as you would expect). They said they had an interview with VAR chief Neil Swarbrick coming up and asked Vinny if there's anything he thinks they should ask him.

It didn't hear the interview and it wasn't mentioned again - did anyone hear it or did the interview get cancelled?

I didn’t use the grass lines, although they are usually parallel.
However the edge of the area has to be parallel to the ends of the pitch and the halfway line, hence give you perspective on the VAR line not being parallel
I do a fair bit of perspective correction in Photoshop/Lightroom for architectural photography. The picture Sky showed (30 minutes after the incident) looks obviously doctored.

Why one day it is handball, and another it’s not a handball. Don’t ask me, ask them [referees]. Knock on the door, phone call, don’t ask me!”

Pep Guardiola on the officials decisions in

Former Premier League referee Bobby Madley [on twitter] on the #ManCity first-half penalty claim: “As [Bernardo] Silva handled the ball before TAA, this would have been penalised, even if a penalty had been awarded. Attacking handball doesn’t have to be deliberate..."Bobby Madley: "So, a penalty would never have been possible due to it touching [Bernardo] Silva hand in buildup.” *This tweet has since been deleted.*

So var should have stopped the game for a freekick to them
Bobby Madely
Isn’t he the the ref who suddenly fucked off to Norway leaving his family at home for ‘personal reasons’?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.