Raheem Sterling and Gomez - "bust up" at England camp

Gareth Southgate said: “We have taken the decision to not consider Raheem for the match against Montenegro on Thursday.

“One of the great challenges and strengths for us is that we’ve been able to separate club rivalries from the national team. Unfortunately the emotions of yesterday’s game were still raw.

“My feeling is that the right thing for the team is the action we have taken. Now that the decision has been made with the agreement of the entire squad, it’s important that we support the players and focus on Thursday night.

"With the agreement of the entire squad", who exactly is the manager then? What a spineless useless article Southgate is.
Couldn't manage the duty watch for a one man submarine.
Put him in charge of any Premier club, they would be relegation fodder.
This really vindicates the reason I will not watch England while this kowtowing, yes sir no sir 3 bags full sir, excuse of a human being "manages" England.

So the whole team has decided they don't want their best player on the park with them?

Raheem, come home son. Sack these pre-madonna wankers off and come home to the City that loves you.

Gareth Southgate said: “We have taken the decision to not consider Raheem for the match against Montenegro on Thursday.

“One of the great challenges and strengths for us is that we’ve been able to separate club rivalries from the national team. Unfortunately the emotions of yesterday’s game were still raw.

“My feeling is that the right thing for the team is the action we have taken. Now that the decision has been made with the agreement of the entire squad, it’s important that we support the players and focus on Thursday night.

"With the agreement of the entire squad", who exactly is the manager then? What a spineless useless article Southgate is.
Couldn't manage the duty watch for a one man submarine.
Put him in charge of any Premier club, they would be relegation fodder.
This really vindicates the reason I will not watch England while this kowtowing, yes sir no sir 3 bags full sir, excuse of a human being "manages" England.

There isn't a reaction without an action/provocation before it. I'm sure Raheem didn't just grab the fucker by the throat or whatever without some goading, of which scousers are masters at.

This whole episode has been handled shamefully. Singling out one player in such a public manner and a player who has suffered horrendous and vile abuse at grounds and online, before we even start on the racist abuse and handled it with great dignity. Do these utter moron's even consider how badly they have handled this??

I wonder what pep makes of all of this ?

I bet he’s sick to death of it all.

sterling is all about confidence. He has worked so hard to remove the stigma & hatred he was getting. Southgate undoes all of it with one stupid decision probably decided by the likes of Henderson & Co.

he should never of said the squad have decided. That’s a disgrace. He’s the manager you decide. He has pushed sterling out of the team emotionally. Bullying everyday of the week this.

If sterling has gone for him. Fine punish him but not in this way. How do we know Gomez wasn’t taking the piss ??? It all started with Gomez fouling sterling if I recall with no free kick

I thought the rule was keep it in house not run to the press. Southgate you are a shit house.

this will have a major impact on sterling & sadly city.

I get the impression Raheem is his own man and will do what he wants. This situation must be all about respect and a lack of it from gomo. Sterling put him in his place, rightly so.

Now, Raheem will be thinking about the pennies. Don't forget hes in line for some massive financial endorsements and leaving the England set up may upset that cash cow.

He'll be getting advice, regretting his rage but also thinking what tossers the scouse and their establishment are.

I'm totally on his side, having a temper very similar but understand his need now to think about matters and take advice.

Spot on from Rio:

I totally agree that it should have been handled internally. It shows up Southgate’s lack of man-management. That said, if he gone in and grabbed him by the throat then anybody objective would clearly criticise Sterling for it. I’ll be honest, I don’t like the England national team and I don’t like the ‘enemy one week, support them the next’ stuff, but you can’t go around assaulting team mates, obviously. No matter how many of that team I’d like to give a good slapping to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.