Var debate 2019/20

I have been suggesting this point for ages. If you don't adjust for perspective, the image is illusory.

There is a temporary solution that they could so and make the reference body part the foot but even that would fall down if the foot was at different heights from the pitch.

I have never once seen a VAR image that they occasionally upload that has ever been adjusted for this effect so I doubt they are doing it. The public would not understand if they did it, and the referees are probably totally clueless as to the issues. Thinking in 3D is very difficult and most people never do it.
There needs to be markers placed around the pitch to be used as reference points that people can join up but it won't be millimetre accuracy. Or a better idea is scrap the whole thing and go back to human opinion because that's where we still are anyway. If it's close, let the linesman look at it again on the monitor and they either uphold or reverse their original decision.

I have been suggesting this point for ages. If you don't adjust for perspective, the image is illusory.

There is a temporary solution that they could so and make the reference body part the foot but even that would fall down if the foot was at different heights from the pitch.

I have never once seen a VAR image that they occasionally upload that has ever been adjusted for this effect so I doubt they are doing it. The public would not understand if they did it, and the referees are probably totally clueless as to the issues. Thinking in 3D is very difficult and most people never do it.
I didn't post this earlier, but since you raise it. The verticle blue "wall" is the offside line. It's very hard to say from that that Salah is offside. It's close.

But again, I repeat, none of this debate excuses the fact that there was no proper review and no evidence provided. And Rammy makes the rather excellent point that were there any VAR evidence showing Salah conclusively to be onside, we'd have surely seen it by now. Anyway, FWIW:

Maybe a stupid question however is it not easier to measure the body part closest to the goal line and measure from there?
so measure salahs knee to the goal line

Personally, I’m convinced it was offside. My first instincts as soon as I saw the initial replay after the goal was that it was off and I’ve seen nothing to make me think other than that since.

IF the real VAR showed Salah to be ONSIDE then I think it’s pretty safe to say we’d have seen it by now.....

I'm afraid the horse has bolted on this now. What's to stop them running the footage now, and adding the lines, as posters on here have done. The time to have shown their findings were directly after the incident in question, as per every other game.

fine, let's go with his way -

Kane/salah, whoever - goes down in the box, ref gives pen.. BOOOOOOOO ''Fuck off ref, cheating corrupt c*nt''

ref runs over to check monitor ''this is a joke, paying money to watch a ref go to the monitor BOOOOO''

ref checking monitor ''BOOOOO how much longer is he going to take! ''

Ref checks and see's player was clipped, gives a pen ''BOOO! Corruption!! , this is the end of the game for me, never going again''

Maybe a stupid question however is it not easier to measure the body part closest to the goal line and measure from there?
so measure salahs knee to the goal line
That's not stupid at all, and in fact would yield the correct answer. You need a 50cm high imaginary post on top of the penalty box line and measure from the top of that post to Salah's knee. And compare that to the measured distance of Stones' toe to the penalty box line. And adjust for perspective and compare the two distances. But measuring it accurately enough is not easy.

fine, let's go with his way -

Kane goes down in the box, ref gives pen.. BOOOOOOOO ''Fuck off ref, cheating corrupt c*nt''

ref runs over to check monitor ''this is a joke, paying money to watch a ref go to the monitor BOOOOO''

ref checking monitor ''BOOOOO how much longer is he going to take! ''

Ref checks and see's Kane was clipped, gives a pen ''BOOO! Corruption!! , this is the end of the game for me, never going again''

Chief FA/PL/PiGMOB/UEFA/FIFA/Team England cheerleader has turned up I see.

Chief FA/PL/PiGMOB/UEFA/FIFA/Team England cheerleader has turned up I see.

Not defending any of them - i'm saying those that agree with Motson would soon change their mind when a ref is running to a monitor every 10mins to check on a debatable decision.

Not defending any of them - i'm saying those that agree with Motson would soon change their mind when a ref is running to a monitor every 10mins to check on a debatable decision.

Not if the right decision is made they wont.

Its very easy for VAR to be accepted within football and that is for it to be seen as fair and accurately used as per the laws of the game.

This isn't for the fans to implement and nor is it for them to be patient waiting for it to some how "evolve".

The PL waited a year to develop the tech and practice using it and so far they might as well have spent that time playing fucking scrabble they have made such a pigs ear of it.

So stop blaming fans and start holding to account those who are supposed to be impartial, experts, the best we have and who are highly fucking paid to apply the laws of the game in a fair and even handed manner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.