Chelsea (h) pre-match thread

Chelsea (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is another gilt-edged opportunity for our enemies to push even further away from this season's chosen clubs. Hopefully we can put away a few chances in this game and minimise the impact of the inevitable shafting by VAR.

IMO the turning point last season was the week following the Newcastle loss. Fire had been lit under the players arses, they beat Arsenal, Everton, and Chelsea with conviction and you could tell they were motivated (largely due to the fact Liverpool were dropping points that week). Need to see a similar reaction/fight in this game - if they don't look focused and ruthless, I'll be concerned.

Lineup pretty much selects itself apart from the fullbacks, so not too much to worry about/discuss in that respect.

I’d be surprised to see us lose consecutive games but Chelsea do have some very exciting and dangerous players. Pulisic, Mount and Abraham are three of the best young players in the Prem.

Both sides have relatively weak defences, so you’d imagine there will be at least three goals in this game.

IMO the turning point last season was the week following the Newcastle loss. Fire had been lit under the players arses, they beat Arsenal, Everton, and Chelsea with conviction and you could tell they were motivated (largely due to the fact Liverpool were dropping points that week). Need to see a similar reaction/fight in this game - if they don't look focused and ruthless, I'll be concerned.

Lineup pretty much selects itself apart from the fullbacks, so not too much to worry about/discuss in that respect.
That fire under their arses should have been lit after the defeat at Norwich

IMO this one is a win. The first in a long run of wins that will take us back into contention for the title.
I’m not saying that I can predict any outcome but I do feel that we will be there or thereabouts at the end.

Play like we did at Liverpool and I think we will win this. Despite teh result at Clanfield we played the better football for long periods of the game...we just need to tighten up defensively through midfield and the back four.

No Bernardo is a loss as he stepped up a bit more vs dipperpool

My team would be (depending upon injuries)

Ederson

Walker Stones Rodri Angelino

Ferna

Mahrez KDB D.SIlva Sterling

Kun

Im pretty sire however Pep will have Rodri and Ferna the other way around...he may also play Cancelo

Play like we did at Liverpool and I think we will win this. Despite teh result at Clanfield we played the better football for long periods of the game...we just need to tighten up defensively through midfield and the back four.

Ederson

Ferna

Kun

Im pretty sire however Pep will have Rodri and Ferna the other way around...he may also play Cancelo
On the other side of the coin play like we did against wolves and Norwich and we will loose

I’m really looking forward to this game like I look forward to games V Arsenal. I see it as a competitive rivalry without all the bullshit that surrounds games V United and Liverpool. Presumably because the U.K. media is t polluted with ex Arsenal and Chelsea players. There are a few, of course but most seem ok and are given a limited platform

Ed
Walker Fern Garcia Angelino
Rodders
KDB Foden
Mahrez Aguero Sterling

If they can play ‘kids’ then why can’t we, particularly as ours are much better or certainly will be given 20-30 games

Also, Gundogen should be dropped. Stones isn’t doing enough and Otemendi is a disaster waiting to happen. Whilst Aguero should have scored a couple V Liverpool, he would usually score those so he stays in as he as credit in the bank

Ederson

Ferna

Kun

As he should, Fern has played there enough to be comfortable whereas Rod has not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.