UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason this ****'s tweets on the Panja story aren't showing on my own account (maybe the twat blocked me) but if anyone can put the stupid twat right and tell him that the e-mails prove fuck all and are just evidence of a conversation that has been twisted by Der Spiegel to suit their own agenda it would be much appreciated:

So much for UEFA adjudicators not making any further comment until a final announcement.

If the initial reports of a UEFA U-turn are accurate, then City's irrefutable evidence must have been compelling.
They haven't made any further comments though? (unless I've missed something in here)

Twitter rumours don't count.

For some reason this ****'s tweets on the Panja story aren't showing on my own account (maybe the twat blocked me) but if anyone can put the stupid twat right and tell him that the e-mails prove fuck all and are just evidence of a conversation that has been twisted by Der Spiegel to suit their own agenda it would be much appreciated:

Why bother replying to a dick that thinks a refusal to comment is an admission of guilt?

I've asked what rule breaches were detailed, awaiting his response.

Makes you wonder doesn't it? To be fair, on this occasion Sam Lee seems to have broken the story first but put a much longer timeline on when an announcement would be made

I know Tariq Panja has come in for a lot of stick from our fans but all I've really seen from him is him breaking stories that have been leaked to him which is what any journalist would do. Unless I'm mistaken, I've not seen him go down the route of Castles/McKenna/Delaney/Harris x 2/Syed, etc, and announce to the world that the club is guilty

Not as bad as the others but he clearly dislikes us. Rabin has a post that picks out some belters from his timeline on twitter.

‘Ergo’. Sad cünt.

Hopefully this is the final twist in the story of City and FFP which ends with a declaration of City's complete innocence. It seems, then, a baffling saga with the only consistent theme of a desire to damage the reputation and standing of the club and debase its achievements. We have never been short of ideas on who the leading actors are in this conspiracy and now would be a good time for the authorities to put them out to pasture, if nothing worse.

I think it fair to say that major institutions see litigation as the desperate last option to resolve a problem or dispute. This appears to have been UEFA's position in 2014 and certainly Infantino stated last December that this had been his position. City went so far as to take a "pinch" so that the club could not become embroiled in a case but could move on. It seems, however, that UEFA is actually split: a group of doves glad to see the back in 2014 to a potentially very damaging case but also a group of hawks who saw the DS "leaks" as a golden opportunity to end City's participation in the CL, with all the "collateral damage" that would bring with it, and keep the media full of negative stories about the club ( to add to the already extensive reporting ). Who could these "hawks" possibly be?! They appear to have been in a majority in the investigative chamber but too clever for themselves in the end. I presume that the reference of the case to CAS at least focused attention and involved what our American cousins call "plea bargaining" - discussions between the parties, City and UEFA and possibly even CAS. The club seems, not surprisingly, to have handled this very well and its intransigence coupled with the nature of the evidence the investigative chamber used so willingly have left UEFA with nothing more than face saving gestures.

What this shows, though, is that the hawks may have suffered a defeat but they are still there and that they still have the backing of medias all too willing to do any damage to City they can. We can only hope that it may be a case of computer hacking which ruins the anti City campaign rather than our CL ambitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.