UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not my best wording!
I just think the two run in parallel, and aren't reliant on each other.

AC has its process which is known.
CAS has its process which is known.
City's lawyers meddle to try and make either process produce the 'right' outcome.

I think City lawyers knew what the outcome would be at this stage, and believe there was (a) benefit in trying it (b) no loss for trying it.
Not at all sure if the (now agreed) non-binding result of the case progression from IC to AC was clear at the time we lodged the appeal to CAS that due process wasn't followed.

City's appeal has not been "lost" the CAS has ruled it "inadmissible" - that is, City cannot appeal that the procedure followed by the IC was flawed until the AC has reached its verdict. I would be surprised if City's lawyers hadn't foreseen this outcome, so why appeal in the first place? The clue is in the standard caution when an arrest is made - you are warned that you should "not remain silent about something you later rely on in your defence". City were making it clear they are outraged by the procedure followed and will challenge any verdict we do not accept on these grounds and others. If UEFA gives no satisfaction the appeal to CAS will be made and will be admissible.

This does not, most certainly, mean that yesterday's news is wrong. It seems hard to believe the timing of both is coincidental and it could mean that negotiations between City and UEFA have shown that City's perceived threats of tying UEFA up in court for years if necessary are not hot air but grow out of a deeply held sense of injustice. A CL ban or fine may have been ruled out but a verdict and "punishment" (if any) have not been reached. I suspect City's legal team are in close contact with UEFA because we would far prefer a swift exoneration to a long legal battle. I suspect UEFA are furious about any failings in procedure at the IC (how are you today Mr P?).

So will city except a fine? If so what if its 50m and its included in ffp?

Personally City shouldn't except any fine or punishment whatsoever! We broke no rules.

your right

Khaldoon Al Mubarak said that he and his board are not guilty or any wrong doing and after the fine and squad reduction the case was closed and we took our punishment, and we would fight this new claim all the way and would reject any new punishment as we did not do anything wrong and did not hide any information from FFP and uefa

This quote states exactly where we are coming from. We have done nothing wrong.

We will not accept a fine and we will not accept a phoney charge so that UEFA can satisfy the cartel clubs who are bitter and worried about the growth of our club.

Even Khaldoon has stated such earlier this year :-

He insists the club are ‘comfortable’ despite the threat of a Champions League ban – and cited ‘jealousy’ from their critics after the incredible success of Pep Guardiola’s side over the past two seasons. City have repeatedly stated information claimed to be obtained by leaked emails and documents represented an "organised and clear" attempt to damage their reputation.

I believe, quite comfortably, if the process is going to be judged on facts then unquestionably we will prevail,” he said. “If it’s not about facts and it’s about other things, then it is a different conversation.

“But I strongly hope that these regulatory bodies will ultimately make the decision based on facts.

“Now having said that, just going back on this wave that we are dealing with, I think, listen, I’ll be philosophical about this, the reality is we have dealt with this before with UEFA. This is not the first time we have dealt with it.

“We are going through the appropriate steps and we’re confident in our position, very comfortable in our position. I’m not concerned about that because facts will prevail.”

Our club are all over this and have been preparing for any outcome

Well at least this is keeping the dippers conspiracy theory's going lol there all saying £2 fines on there way for us. There a thick and sad bunch

Maybe the whole point of the CAS appeal was to prevent us being kicked out this season, as we knew it would take a while to be looked at, had we not, UEFA could have kicked us out before it started this season, they could also have told us that even if we appealed, we'd still not be allowed pending the appeal outcome.

As a result we simply bought time, time so we could still play this season, and time to get our evidence together to fight an appeal, maybe there have been further discussions with UEFA, and that they now know that our appeal would succeed and leave them looking stupid.
My take on it in a nutshell.
Protected this seasons participation.

Seems we cannot appeal to cas about process until a sentence has been decided ie no sentence decided by ac requires no appeal.by city.
Hopefully this is the route.

Possibly uefa have been informed that this decision of no punishment will prevent them losing an appeal on procedural grounds.

Not sure the lower chamber will like that though.

The lower chamber that included ex-Liverpool CEO and self confessed lifelong Liverpool fan Rick Parry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.