UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it’s an independent body - with no links to Sports bodies like Fifa or Uefa.
Thanks. It still makes me wonder why/how our appeal which was presumably inadmissible several months ago, has only just been deemed inadmissible? Suggests something not quite right with them, or maybe just incompetent

This is more like it.....fine us you ****s and see what happens!!

Looks to be?

A Champions League ban is either off the table or it isn't?

The whole premise of the Athletic exclusive was that City will not be kicked out of the Champions League.

This is twice now in the space of 24 hours that Sam seems to be couching the original article.

First it was a fine, now it might not be.

First it was no ban from the Champions League, now 'looks to be off the table'.

Does anybody really think that the outcome makes any difference. If we win the case our enemies will just start saying ‘ we paid them off ‘ or the like. We have been found guilty by the press and the public even with a victory we wouldn’t change these opinions. People are not suddenly going to start thinking ‘wow City were innocent all along’ we should apologise for all the negativity.

Won’t happen sorry. The press certainly won’t apologise they will just find other ways to be negative. Think we have to get used to it!!

This is essentially it, in a nutshell!

No one likes us, no one respects us, everyone's waiting for the day we crash and burn. Journalists will forever shit stir, pundits will forever make snidey comments, refs will do their best to fuck us over, social media will forever brand us as cheats.

Get used to it and accept it everyone but my god if or when we win stuff just think how much its killing them all inside.

maybe if they can not fine us or ban us from the champions league then the premier league officials will stop us getting in the top 4 ???
this season so far has been hell and from being retaining champions and they told us we need to be if we want to be respect as a power house club, also add the trimmings of league cup and fa cup then we should be applauded, but we are anything from that ? the media are even worst, the EPL are hell bent on stopping us, and VAR is a joke

it can not get any worst can it ?? well come sunday am going to church and praying and taking holy communion that is if they will let me, money can't buy me love, this is manchester city football club and everybody thinks it has, but we was a big club and had a unbelievable fan base and great history before the take over, we all prayed for success but never once did anybody else question our loyalty until we won something

they are all forgetting one big thing here, the impact on the fans ?? its starting to hurt us like crazy, from the media to the officials they want blood, and if winning all 4 of the major honors and retaining the title was meant to be the turning point in how people we will treat us then how wrong are we

in all this so called mess and fake news about breaking uefa FFP laws and how they all are treating us can somebody stop and think WHY the fans boo, we hurt, all we are asking is for fair play, forget how much money we have, its a game of football when you cross the white line 11 vs 11 and the fans backing your team, its not about politics and war its a sport, just let us play football and have dreams

I’m happy to defend most things City but it’s hard to defend our participation in the Champs League. I’m personally not bothered if we got kicked out but it is very important tournament to our owners so I will defend our right to play in the CL regardless.

The reasons many of our fans don’t rate the CL have been well documented but I will add I’ve found quite a few of the opposition fans to be scumbags. From Schalke (those lovely Germans) calling us plastics and assaulting our fans to the cowardly attacks that were reported in Milan last week. Everyone’s got a minority of idiots of course but the CL isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.
And that is why we must win this.

I think City fans would be wrong to put to put total faith in the Athletic's exclusive.

If you read David Conn's article (https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...cas-appeal-financial-fair-play-uefa-dismissed) he says that the Adjudicatory Chamber have yet to begin their deliberations and will do so in December.

My interpretation, of the Athletic's article was that the Adjudicatory Chamber had made their decision, and that it was just awaiting ratification by the UEFA Executive. Ithink I have ti change that view now, but I don't go along with Conn either.

If the Athletic are correct, then taken at face value it appears incompatible with David Conn's assertion that the AC has yet to hear the case? It can only be so if the Executive of UEFA has given some assurance or there has been some additional guidance / communication since the IC completed their investigation.

I am trying to square David Conn's report with the Athletic's and I'm having difficulty doing that.

I think David Conn's article is a bit simplistic. He is presenting it as two-stage. i.e an investigatory team preparing a case which is then submitted to an Adjudicatory Chamber with the IC having passed their work over many months ago, and then the AC yet to meet. I believe that UEFA and City have probably been arguing and discussing this for months.

I believe that David Conn has got the formalism correct but I think it is unrealistic and unlikely that the case has been static and untouched between the IC submitting their evidence and the AC hearing.

Last edited:
Not my best wording!
I just think the two run in parallel, and aren't reliant on each other.

AC has its process which is known.
CAS has its process which is known.
City's lawyers meddle to try and make either process produce the 'right' outcome.

I think City lawyers knew what the outcome would be at this stage, and believe there was (a) benefit in trying it (b) no loss for trying it.
Yes, but it seems it was unclear at the time whether the adjudicatory body had the power to decide any punishment for itself or was bound to follow the investigatory panel's rec.

This is essentially it, in a nutshell!

No one likes us, no one respects us, everyone's waiting for the day we crash and burn. Journalists will forever shit stir, pundits will forever make snidey comments, refs will do their best to fuck us over, social media will forever brand us as cheats.

Get used to it and accept it everyone but my god if or when we win stuff just think how much its killing them all inside.
...... and here endeth the lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.