UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it bad to get a tingle when there is a discussion about the scums finances ?

I see the United ladies' team were the first to feel the cut-backs ;-

dorothea-langes-migrant-mother-depicts-destitute-pea-pickers-in-california-g15m8d.jpg

Net debt is as meaningless as net spend. It's just total debt minus cash. Clubs get loads of cash at the end of the season, from UEFA & the PL, so cash balances are generally high at year-end, meaning net debt is lower. As they start to spend that cash, on transfers, wages and other operating expenses, it goes higher. Their total debt is almost certainly still the same.

UEFA have been very sneaky about the way they report on levels of debt under FFP. For one thing they only use net debt, taken from year end accounts. As I've explained, it's not a great measure & is generally at its lowest then. Then they report it as a percentage of revenue. So if total revenue across UEFA's clubs in 2010 was €10bn and net debt was €6bn, it'll be reported as being 60% of revenue. If in 2018 total revenue has increased to €18bn and net debt is still €6bn, it'll be reported as 33% of revenue and UEFA will claim it's fallen to nearly half the level it was in 2010. Yet the absolute level of net debt hasn't changed by a penny.

Update: Just checked their financial statements and their gross USD debt remains unchanged. However they've burned through £170m cash in the 3 months to Sep 2019, compared to a small net increase for the same period in the previous year. Not getting even into the Europa League next season could cost them another £100m cash easy.

Tick fucking tock.
I assume they burnt through all that cash whilst signing their stellar new players in the summer?

Net debt is as meaningless as net spend. It's just total debt minus cash. Clubs get loads of cash at the end of the season, from UEFA & the PL, so cash balances are generally high at year-end, meaning net debt is lower. As they start to spend that cash, on transfers, wages and other operating expenses, it goes higher. Their total debt is almost certainly still the same.

UEFA have been very sneaky about the way they report on levels of debt under FFP. For one thing they only use net debt, taken from year end accounts. As I've explained, it's not a great measure & is generally at its lowest then. Then they report it as a percentage of revenue. So if total revenue across UEFA's clubs in 2010 was €10bn and net debt was €6bn, it'll be reported as being 60% of revenue. If in 2018 total revenue has increased to €18bn and net debt is still €6bn, it'll be reported as 33% of revenue and UEFA will claim it's fallen to nearly half the level it was in 2010. Yet the absolute level of net debt hasn't changed by a penny.

Update: Just checked their financial statements and their gross USD debt remains unchanged. However they've burned through £170m cash in the 3 months to Sep 2019, compared to a small net increase for the same period in the previous year. Not getting even into the Europa League next season could cost them another £100m cash easy.

Tick fucking tock.
Thanks PB, informative as usual. We missed your expertise when you were away.

I can't wait for this whole shit show to be over one way or another. I think since our first title in 2012 UEFA, the premier league, the FA and the media have launched a disgraceful and concerted smear campaign and dreamed up more and more petty rules and regulations to slow is down, trip us up and suck as much joy as they could out of our achievements. I absolutely detest the whole corrupt stinking lot of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.