wifi help

marco

with sky but not fibre optic,been fine for a couple of years but now if i leave the room with the laptop where the router is the signal becomes very weak and i lose connection,,any ideas?, phone is OK and keeps signal stregth and keeps connection

If you get good signal around the house with your phone then I would say it is the laptop, have you done any usual things like reboot the router/laptop?

How old is the laptop/phone as if they are a few years apart they could be using different wireless technologies which will affect strength of connection etc back to the router.

Is it possible to move the router at all, as central location in the house is always best. Make sure its not stuck inside a cupboard or in a shelf with books around it etc.

The sky routers are pretty crap so you could always upgrade to a new one for not a huge cost.

Try to reset the router , there should be a hole where you shove a needle in for 30 second's

with sky but not fibre optic,been fine for a couple of years but now if i leave the room with the laptop where the router is the signal becomes very weak and i lose connection,,any ideas?, phone is OK and keeps signal stregth and keeps connection

Just put the box of kleenex and wipes in the front room mate.

Dont forget to lock the door and draw the curtains either when you're online.

tried all sugestions but still very weak
Thanks TCIB,i did download the booster but no change,i will get wfi adapter in morning and give it a try

Serious for a second now.

We had shit coverage in bedrooms etc for the kids/xbox/ps4 etc so bought the plug in wifi extenders that use the electric wiring in the house and they are brilliant.

perfect wifi everywhere now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.