Chelsea (H) Post-Match Thread

A wins a win and I thought it was a decent atmosphere but you have to say we are nowhere near the levels of the last two seasons. It might that, or VAR or the fact that my son and daughter are going through a tough time and football doesn't seem so important but I'm not feeling it currently. We seem flat, pedestrian and powderpuff.

When did that happen and what evidence is there of pep ringing the sheik up ‘showing his appreciation’. Wtf does that even mean.

I just read the shit in a paper, I don’t know. It’s a shitload of money to ask for. I guess Pep likes to show his appreciation to the club owners for buying him amazing players?

If we win the league from here it'll take some going to beat that achievement!!!
Don't think we will as it's stacked against us but if we do...

Lowest % possession in any game has ever managed ever today

Good win though, I expected more difficulty. Onwards.

Thought it was a brilliant game to watch but my nerves were sorley tested near the end. Kept making plenty of stupid mistakes but suppose that helped to make the game exciting .VAR should be for clear & obvious errors as this nonsense is just going to ruin the game

It's not jut this game, it' whole season. We're not a energetic as before and our press, that was setting standards, is pretty much gone. It's average now when many clubs are trying to copy it, you barely see teams these days having to panic at the back because of our press

Kante is fantastic little player. And he iss not only the warrior, he plays good football now, dribbling, getting more and more creative, it was good move by Sarri to send him up the pitch.

You’re right, we don’t press anywhere near the same level as we have done but I think that’s deliberate and down to Pep not trusting our defenders to defend 1v1 in the event of the press being bypassed leaving our defenders exposed. It makes sense when we’re missing the players Pep favours there and whilst I prefer the high energy press I don’t think we can complain about it given our defensive frailties.

however, a bi-product of that is that it’s currently translating into our midfield in the defensive third too where we are far too passive. We let teams do what they want as long as we’re all in shape and almost wait for the them to make a mistake rather than trying to force an error, we need to be far more aggressive defensively in our own half if not further up the pitch.

Not too sure if we were poor or Chelsea were exceptionally good. A win’s a win and we had to win this one, but after what happened two weeks ago I was hoping for a much better reaction from the players. It was all a bit lacklustre again, with the main difference to previous performances being that we didn’t actually create that many chances. Credit to Chelsea though, they’re the best side we’ve faced this season.

After we went 1-0 down the players were standing around letting Chelsea play. No pressing whatsoever. We got pretty lucky with the goal in fairness, it came at the right time and there was a massive deflection but they obviously all count. Momentum was with us after that and thankfully we got another one when we had our best phase of the game. I was frustrated with Mahrez early on but his goal was class and was ultimately the difference tonight.

On another note, what on earth is going on with all these injuries? Questions need to be asked of the fitness/medical staff, we’re losing a player a game, it’s beyond a joke now.

I just read the shit in a paper, I don’t know. It’s a shitload of money to ask for. I guess Pep likes to show his appreciation to the club owners for buying him amazing players?
So your evidence for that is a quote from a Munich suit??? If Errol was here I’d be requesting punishment. Instead could the mods mod please. This ones had enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.