Chelsea (H) Post-Match Thread

I don’t get why people believe I’m not a fan just because I criticize the performance.
Fact of it remains, a stronger team than Chelsea would have punished the sh*t out of us.
Chelsea were a stronger side than us at the start of the game, as evidenced by our respective league positions.

A good result but not performance. We are so far off our best it’s scary.
Pluses, I thought stones looked pretty good, Eddie and Fern ok. Kev played well in patches and Mahrez showed class for his goal. Cancelo showed some good touches but not consistent. Phil and Gabby showed what we were missing in term of energy when they came on and were a major reason we saw out the game.

Other than that......is Mahrez a luxury player. For every piece of class you have to endure at least six misplaced passes or running down blind alleys. Mendy was absolutely woeful in the first half. Stirling? Wtf was that performance about. Watch their goal from where it starts in their half and check out our press, especially Kun. It’s truly not good enough. We can blame injuries all we like but that doesn’t excuse Stirling and Kun’s work rate today. A poor performance to put alongside Wolves and Norwich. Phil must be a starter.

My immediate reaction now when we score is I wonder how var will rule it out
Yes, it’s a little mind game I play, as well.

The club should get some “How VAR Will Rule Out Our Goal” bingo cards printed and distributed before each match.

Does that ejaculation mean you think the video shows he's onside?
w976w3nulh041.jpg

the VAR pic from the other thread is certainly food for thought ;)

Last edited:
It’s almost like they’re saying to us , yes you can win but watch this as a lesson , we can rule out any goal at any time & there’s nothing you can do about it ...we are in charge .

Thought we were fortunate today, Chelsea deserved a point imo. Our midfield looked so immobile at times and looked disjointed until Gundog came on. Foden may not quite be good enough yet but we need his energy in there and he made a difference. Sergio and Dave looked old today.
The full backs worry me. Mendy blows hot and cold but doesn’t convince especially when one on one and Cancelo was rubbish today - shite positionally and careless and lacking in confidence in possession.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.