Chelsea (H) Post-Match Thread

It's not jut this game, it' whole season. We're not a energetic as before and our press, that was setting standards, is pretty much gone. It's average now when many clubs are trying to copy it, you barely see teams these days having to panic at the back because of our press. David can't do it anymore, Aguero is struggling to do it, Kev is trying but he gets tired almost every game as it goes further..

Kante is fantastic little player. And he iss not only the warrior, he plays good football now, dribbling, getting more and more creative, it was good move by Sarri to send him up the pitch.
I see our press being worse when we have fernie at the back as he's not up to help clear things out and we end up defending too deep giving up more of the midfield if the opposing team are quick.

You’re right, we don’t press anywhere near the same level as we have done but I think that’s deliberate and down to Pep not trusting our defenders to defend 1v1 in the event of the press being bypassed leaving our defenders exposed. It makes sense when we’re missing the players Pep favours there and whilst I prefer the high energy press I don’t think we can complain about it given our defensive frailties.

however, a bi-product of that is that it’s currently translating into our midfield in the defensive third too where we are far too passive. We let teams do what they want as long as we’re all in shape and almost wait for the them to make a mistake rather than trying to force an error, we need to be far more aggressive defensively in our own half if not further up the pitch.

That doesn’t really make any sense if Peps altered the tactics to suit the current players. Off the ball at the minute we’re terrible, if it’s a Pep decision to lay off a bit then it’s a bad one. We’re missing the high energy press.

I see our press being worse when we have fernie at the back as he's not up to help clear things out and we end up defending too deep giving up more of the midfield if the opposing team are quick.
Press was excellent when Foden abd Jesus were together. Silva can't do it

we're in trouble then though as Fern is not going to be there for much longer. I hope Rodri is not fit as that today is not r of replacement for Fern.

On way home but won’t get home until after midnight. Positives - thought Cancelo was superb and is definitely an upgrade on Walker. We miss Ferny in defensive midfield. I know he is struggling for fitness and rushed back but I fear Rhodri is too slow for the premier league. We need legs and pace on the midfield and Phil needs to become a regular first team player, he makes things happen! Thought Stonesy was excellent, but probably won’t get the recognition. Not sure why Mendy got so much shit, Angelino is NOT and never will be premier league left back. We miss Zinny. Eddie, not his best performance at all, lots of overshot passes and the first goal could have done more. Time to play Foden,Garcia and get Ferny back to his best position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.