Uber loses licence to operate in London

As a follow on to my last post the following will give you an insight into the economics of being an Uber driver.
Let's assume the driver wants to earn £400 gross per week. Inorder to do that he can rent a car that's fully insured and licenced as is required, all he has to do is fuel it.
Car rental £200
Fuel £150
Uber commission £250
Wages £400
This equates to £1000 takings per week. Inorder to earn that his working week will be about 80 hours. So when your driver falls asleep at the traffic lights you know the reason why. I don't know why they do it.

Was listening to a woman on radio 2 today who was saying something similar....hire car etc etc but with most, if not all car hire insurance policies they do not cover for hire or reward ( unless declared, a huge premium ).....a taxi. Yet the black cab drivers have huge amounts or time and money invested in each individuals enterprise. Then some woman swans up in a rental Corsa to take you to Aldi.

Uber is brilliant.

Back in the day I used to queue for a black cab in town at 2am for an hour some nights. Fights in the queue and freezing cold. I’m happy now that I can order one on the app and it’s here in minutes. More importantly so can my lad and I can pay for it so he is not thinking he can save a tenner and walk it.

It's like UEFA, it's corrupt, black cabs equal tourists, like yellow cabs in new york, and black cabs are expensive,so cheaper alternatives come out, and maybe soon the black cab will be dead, but it is iconic to England like tea, so the government don't want the black cab to dissapear, black cab company went bust years ago and is now owned by Volvo, nothing British about it and before the electric black cabs the engines were Italian and before that Nissan engines

As a follow on to my last post the following will give you an insight into the economics of being an Uber driver.
Let's assume the driver wants to earn £400 gross per week. Inorder to do that he can rent a car that's fully insured and licenced as is required, all he has to do is fuel it.
Car rental £200
Fuel £150
Uber commission £250
Wages £400
This equates to £1000 takings per week. Inorder to earn that his working week will be about 80 hours. So when your driver falls asleep at the traffic lights you know the reason why. I don't know why they do it.
Most people only seem to care about workers' rights up to the point it starts to hit their own pocket.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.