Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep Guardiola: “In these three years and a half, people can say we play good or bad but give up? That is not going to happen,. My teams, always we try but I accept that the others can do better. If we lose, it's done. The line is so tight..."

"I know we are winners and losers and that’s all. But I think it's not a good message for society, for our kids, for our teenagers, showing them that just the winner is perfect. We are creating a depressed people, loser people..."

"What is important is the effort, the commitment, the situation. In football I know we want to win but just win once and the other is disaster? It's not. It doesn't work in that way."

“I said to the players relax, do your job, we will see in December, January, February, March and we will see what position we are in. If the position is far away, okay it's far away. We are going to try again next season.”

Pep Guardiola: “In these three years and a half, people can say we play good or bad but give up? That is not going to happen,. My teams, always we try but I accept that the others can do better. If we lose, it's done. The line is so tight..."

"I know we are winners and losers and that’s all. But I think it's not a good message for society, for our kids, for our teenagers, showing them that just the winner is perfect. We are creating a depressed people, loser people..."

"What is important is the effort, the commitment, the situation. In football I know we want to win but just win once and the other is disaster? It's not. It doesn't work in that way."

“I said to the players relax, do your job, we will see in December, January, February, March and we will see what position we are in. If the position is far away, okay it's far away. We are going to try again next season.”

I love this guy..!

We're in good hands..

On course to go out with a whimper at the moment.

Our performances seem to be going in one direction and we've actually become boring to watch. We've stopped pressing, half the players are out of form, his selections are getting predictable and turning out predictably bad.

I don't know what's going on with Pep but he needs to start doing something to change things, because it's only a matter of time before we drop more points and go out of cups if we carry on this path.

We've had some annoying injuries, but the issue is much deeper than that.

Barca were flat too in his 4th year there. Even though they still won the Cup and CL semis and got 91 points in the league. But that just shows how unreal Barca were back then. We are nowhere near as good as that, so it shows when we are flat.

Setting aside the rotation issues and his insistence on playing the slowest possible combination of players this new crossing all game tactic is absolute crap and we need to stop doing it. I don't have the slightest idea how it fits into his philosophy, but we've been doing it for at least a month now and it simply doesn't work. Where have all the cutbacks and tap ins gone? All we do is play the overlap and fire it in to our lone, sub six foot, striker in the box.

I'm not smart enough to know whether its Pep trying to change the attack to compensate for the defense, or if Laporte was really just that important to the buildup or what, the whole thing is pretty bizarre. We don't look anything like the team we were.

Last edited:
I don’t recognise this team. It’s not a Pep side. We are one-paced, negative and predictable. Everything that has been good about this side in the past 2 years, seems to be gone.

Setting aside the rotation issues and his insistence on playing the slowest possible combination of players this new crossing all game tactic is absolute crap and we need to stop doing it. I don't have the slightest idea how it fits into his philosophy, but we've been doing it for at least a month now and it simply doesn't work. Where have all the cutbacks and tap ins gone? All we do is play the overlap and fire it in to our lone, sub six foot, striker in the box. Bizarre.

He said few weeks ago that we are targeting the second balls from those crosses. Fair to say, it's not really working that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.