Match Thread | Newcastle vs Man City (30/11/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which game was it last year when fern played that hybrid role between midfield and defense.

Surely that would be a perfect option for today.

We don'y play to jesus strengths, he isn't aguero and wont be buzzing about the 18 yards line like serge

We need to be feeding him balls to run onto or get a player just behind him buzzing about, foden or berny would suit that role.

Problem with that is it doesn't work the vast majority of the time and results in us losing possession too easily.

Some of the worst crossing I’ve seen.

Mendy hitting the first defender every time, I thought we bought him for his crossing. It’s been terrible this game.

De Bruyne’s crossing is also off and had a chance for 2 through balls that were under hit. Two seasons ago he makes those passes and we score on both occasions.

Also we need to attack through the right side more. Everything is going through the left, it’s predictable.

frustrating first half.
Can’t attack down right as unfortunately that’s where Mahrez stands doing fuck all.

Newcastle away is not the place to try this for the first time but its very hard for me to believe that Eric Garcia wouldn’t improve us. Our defending is abysmal.
exactly and if he looks like he is not ready yet, then just take him out of the team and carry on as normal. Nothing to lose with trying him out.

What’s worse, for me, is his infuriating indecision when he does get the ball.

Most of them time he gets the ball, holds it, holds it, holds it, holds it, looks up to see the entire opposition team has returned to their box, then attempts an ill-advised pass, cross, or dribble, and gives it away.
To be honest though, we have one man in the area. No point in him banging it in.

You having a laugh?

His delivery has been a joke. And they’ve all been easy enough balls to put in, no pressure yet hits first man every fucking time.
When he arrived he bombed down the wing and put in superb low crosses, now he just stops and appears unsure what to do.

People picking Mendy out are just reverting to their usual scapegoat, hes been fine defensively and yes hes lost the ball a lot going forward but that's because hes being asked to cross into box with 8 defenders in it.

Hes not be particularly good, but hes so far down the list of problems that hes not worth mentioning.
Not a scapegoat at all, he’s just not a good footballer. You can see the players are starting to avoid passing to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.