F1 thread - 2019 Season

Just watched an interview with Hamilton. Does anyone else support, adore and respect a sportsman for what they do but think they are a total bellend as a person?

I've tried to like him but he his simply unlikeable, just come across as an arrogant little shit.

Anyway, looking forward to some good racing today. Verstappen splitting Mercedes and Ferrari should be make for some eventful racing.
There's something about him, I just can't warm to him. There is a touch of arrogance about him. Then again, didn't a lot of the F1 greats have that about them? Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Vettel, Rosberg. But hey; the guy's a genius behind the wheel. 6 F1 world titles tells a tale. And I'm pretty certain that Lewis doesn't give a flying fuck about my opinion of him. Why would he.

There's something about him, I just can't warm to him. There is a touch of arrogance about him. Then again, didn't a lot of the F1 greats have that about them? Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Vettel, Rosberg. But hey; the guy's a genius behind the wheel. 6 F1 world titles tells a tale. And I'm pretty certain that Lewis doesn't give a flying fuck about my opinion of him. Why would he.
He is weirdly unlikeable - even his accent seems fake and exaggerated.

I’ve enjoyed this season, been good to see the young Brits all doing well with Albon being promoted to Red Bull and Norris had a solid rookie season.

Looking forward to seeing Max and Charles take on Lewis next year, hopefully Ferrari will get their act together because they’ve made some very bizarre tactical calls this year that have left Charles & Seb with no chance of getting the results they’ve often earned.

Nick Faldo, Andy Murray, and Lewis are lumped together as awkward and spiky individuals but the one thing they have in common is they are driven winners who have no fucks for how they were perceived just how many things they could win. Fair fucks I say that’s what make winners.

Reactions: mat
His media personality is of a really nice, but incredibly boring guy. He's incredibly respectful of others and is very humble. But it's manufactured in a way that he never gets too bad press (he's not alone) but it comes off as robotic. That puts it in what's known as uncanny valley, where you're made uncomfortable by just how slightly off he seems.

Get him alone away from the cameras and he's a different more personable guy I'm sure.

I won't call him a dickhead or the like though, because while I think his personality is put on I reckon it's just a case of him being a maturer guy who's genuinely trying to be a role model, particularly to other drivers. So he's boringly professional.

Now Anthony Joshua, there's a guy who's fake in disappointing way.

Because he's a caring sensitive guy. He'd be hurting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.