Post Match Thread - United (h)

I believe the issue is tiredness after two very intense years. This season may be our bedt chance to win CL.

My biggest gripe watching the lack of intensity is how few opportunities foden and even garcia have had, hopeful that they both see more minutes now.

For a club of our stature our left fullback and defensive options are useless

Apart from one chance can’t think when we made De Gea do anything and that’s the problem, have all the possession you want but it counts for fuck all if you don’t test the keeper.

exactly my point. They were the more effective team.. despite all our possession and probing, we did the square route of fuck all in terms of the business end of the pitch.

Is it possible that premier league clubs have just worked out how to stop us?

Maybe top European clubs worked Pep’s style out years ago, that’s why he hasn’t won it since Barca and now British teams have sussed it.

He has no plan b. His in game changes were to replace a CB with a CB, a RW with a RW and a DM for a DM.

today was diabolical and we could have been 4-0 down at half time. Big changes are needed and Pep needs to adapt or this will keep happening.

CTID
Every team last season knew how to stop us. On paper. We were just far too good to let them do so.

Anybody mention we are still 8 points from safety!
It is sad we are talking top 4, but we have had a fabulous era so far. Just hope we target the cups, in particular champions league, by resting sterling , kdb & Silva s lot more in the league to use them at their max for the CL etc., I know it’s not easy but those players in particular lol jaded and mentally tired.

correct. Why do people not understand the new rules about handball...

neither were pens.. the only pen in the game was given for Bernies stupid challenge.

We have been the victim a number of times this season... but let’s not become the victims...

exactly let’s not be dipper esque. Embarrassing day all round for city, on and off the pitch. The league has gone but the defeatist/moaning attitude from some on here is absurd, still three cups to play for. Plenty around me in SS left the ground before half time...what sort of support is that?

We didn't outplay them?? They defended very well and no idea how you think that
United have invested colossal amounts on players. With a squad assembled like that, fans do not want to see their team taking on other big teams and playing by parking the bus. Quite understandable for Burnley to play like that. If we, at full strength, played an in-form Barca, Bayern, Juve or Madrid, there's absolutely no way we would sit back, park the bus, close our eyes and hope for the best. We'd have a go and take 'em on. Time and again we ran into a parked bus of red players. They didn't outplay us nor set any traps for us. But what's true is that every time they got into our box they looked like scoring. But so does every other team. That was everything to do with our defending and not some tactical OGS masterplan.

exactly my point. They were the more effective team.. despite all our possession and probing, we did the square route of fuck all in terms of the business end of the pitch.
We put ourselves under pressure or VAR did. As you say we haven't been able to defend against teams that attack us all season.

Our best defender this season in Kyle Walker by some distance. Stones is in and out through injury.

I believe the issue is tiredness after two very intense years. This season may be our bedt chance to win CL.
My biggest gripe watching the lack of intensity is how few opportunities foden and even garcia have had, hopeful that they both see more minutes now.
For a club of our stature our left fullback and defensive options are useless
I agree 100% about our tiredness being due to two high-intensity seasons. I can't see how that makes it our best chance to win the CL. - We still have to clinch top four and Pep is such a perfectionist he certainly won't sacrifice the domestic cups to win the CL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.