Post Match Thread - United (h)

After the money they' ve paid they are entitled to an opinion.
That's what I tell 'em 'You're all entitled to your wildly varying opinions'. The classic is 'And I'm not the only one who says this' [points to someone we can't make out in the East Stand] - as though the bloke in the East Stand's agreement makes all the difference and gives their comment added value.

Pep doesn't set up the same way against everybody but he he does stick to his key principles. I don't think he so obviously changes things at City as for instance he did in his last season at Bayern when I recall looking at the average positions in his team over a run of games and he quite clearly used something like six different formations in seven games.

I think a lot of the changes he makes for each game plan are not easy to spot and I'm not a football analyst but I think I can spot in some games where particular movements or passes are being made that seem to be repeated that look as though they have been planned for that game. More obviously, his team selection varies not just through rotation but also in response to specific opponents.

I'm not really inclined towards picking out Pep's faults: plenty of others seem keen to do that. Whether it is a fault or not is debatable but I would be more cautious in some games. He may need to adapt how his team plays as we could be stuck in a bit of a rut butting up against an interminable procession of parked buses but only time will tell that: new player recruitment may just lead to his team executing his way more effectively and that will solve the problem. His approach may inhibit some players and deny them enough freedom to express themselves; it may also drain them. Again, time will tell.
Oh and he talks about the Scousers too much but the media don't exactly make it easy for him.
During his introduction at the training ground with Sally Nugent interviewing him, he said something to the effect of 'You see the players available and make the most of what they've got, no point in suddenly asking them to play a certain way if they're not suited'. The thing that equal's Pep's man management and tactical genius is his ability to improve players. One thing you'll hear from players at his previous clubs is that he improved them, regardless of whether they were 33 year old superstars who thought they were on the slide or teenagers.

I follow City and if I see something is wrong I am going to give my opinion, that's a big part of why I have been going for nearly 50 years.
If Pep continues to build this team around David Silva I will be telling him he is wrong.

This is not personal , it's City and I have spent all my life wanting us to win.
Does anyone pay you to coach players ?

Ffs sake,we were in 4 comps till april 8th,the dippers binned both cups off whilst we won them instead,that is the worst post i have read this season and i read them all,still ken likes it so you have achieved that at least

So true.
Don’t know how people can compare our workload to theirs. Not only did we win the domestic treble giving us more games we also kept this high intensity pressing football for two seasons getting 198 between them.
We did this under disgraceful officiating and constant injuries to key figures in the team. This year these things have finally caught up with us and we’ve lost a lot of our edge but for fans to not understand how much work those players have done for us over the last three years boils my piss.

If Dipperpool do manage a similar or even better points total from this season and last then fair enough but even then they've not had to jump through anywhere near the amount of hoops we have.

That's what I tell 'em 'You're all entitled to your wildly varying opinions'. The classic is 'And I'm not the only one who says this' [points to someone we can't make out in the East Stand] - as though the bloke in the East Stand's agreement makes all the difference and gives their comment added value.
Fair one that Harry.

So true.
Don’t know how people can compare our workload to theirs. Not only did we win the domestic treble giving us more games we also kept this high intensity pressing football for two seasons getting 198 between them.
We did this under disgraceful officiating and constant injuries to key figures in the team. This year these things have finally caught up with us and we’ve lost a lot of our edge but for fans to not understand how much work those players have done for us over the last three years boils my piss.

If Dipperpool do manage a similar or even better points total from this season and last then fair enough but even then they've not had to jump through anywhere near the amount of hoops we have.

I agree with Karen7 and I agree with this post totally. I remember at the start of the '18-'19 season thinking that it was highly unlikely that we would retain the PL title because we had got 100 points the season before AND won the Carabao cup. I believed that it would be hard to replicate the work rate, the intensity and the sheer desire that secured an unprecedented one hundred points. How wrong these magnificent players proved me! Pep proved he was even more of a genius than I thought! 98 points this time, plus the Carabao cup again, the FA cup and the community shield. And now we have supporters who think we're entitled to the PL title as a matter of course, and the players are letting them down - every defeat is because the lads "can't be arsed" or they "simply don't care". The effort both physical and psychological to reproduce the form of '17-'19 is of a degree I can't even dream and that's leaving aside the class needed to produce it. And it gets harder every season. So if we have a disappointing season I'm still going to support City as much as ever but I'm certainly not going to criticise a squad and a management which have given us the two best seasons any club as ever had. It has been a privilege to have lived through the last two seasons and I'll keep my fingers crossed for the rest of this season and those to come. Pep will put everything right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.