Post Match Thread - United (h)

It might be a team who knows it won't be allowed to win a league title no matter how hard they train, no matter how prepared they are, and how well they piece the 90mins together. I think we have seen enough, two months back, that we are not being treated in the same way re the application of the LotG and the VAR referrals.
I know no team will win every game. Did VAR affect the Norwich, Wolves, Utd defeats and Newc draw?No they didn't. Our performances did. There's nothing wrong in admitting our faults because the players and staff will be doing exactly the same. We are below par and that is obvious.

I think there would not by many sharing that view after the Burnley game. We hit the heights again, admittedly against what seems to be a disintegrating BFSean squad but we have players who can turn a game in seconds, given a fair crack of the whistle.

Yes, I posted on the night that the team’s performance on Tuesday at Burnley made me feel a little ashamed that I’d doubted them. But it seems to be a case of one step forward, one step back at the moment. (And a derby defeat does intensify the hurt.) I agree completely about the players we have and about the woeful officiating that is screwing us but we made it too easy for the Rags yesterday. Of course, it might all look a lot more rosy after the Arsenal and Leicester games!

@Roachy
And as sure as eggs are eggs you turn up when we get beat.
I've looked at your postings mate and not one post in a post match thread when we win.

Strange that!

All you do is moan, slag players off, slag the team off, criticize the manager, the tactics.
Your name pops up every time we lose or draw.

Just thought I'd point it out as the board is awash with these posters who only post when we lose.
As you were.

Maybe the club won't be so complacent in the transfer market next time.

We need decent cover for places and if that current cover isn't good enough then they shouldn't be at the club.

100% agree with this, plus throw in a couple of very poor buys. Couple that with moving Fern to centre back, a huge miss from the midfield.
VvD was an opportunity missed, he could have made a difference.Its not as if we are short of a bob or two.

So, so poor.

Title gone.

When we’re out of ideas, put a fucking shitty floaty floaty ball in the box to our midget forwards.

Fuck off.

THIS!!

Why on earth do we continue to play in this way...
Like I trust in Pep, but obviously hes instructing players to cross the ball into the box... so invest in a bloody target man? Or change tactic?

EVERY time we get a corner, i shake my head knowing absolutely nothing will come from it, and more than likely it will lead to a counter-attack against us...

We have tried to carry on for too many seasons without proper a left-back. The one we thought we`d bought got injuries soon after that have reduced him when fit to not half the player he was. His replacement then got a serious injury Zincenko. To add to our fullback woes we compounded it further by not replacing Vincent Kompany.
Was his decision know too late and events conspired to hinder our search I dont know but we didnt. This left us with 3 experienced C/H`s. Unluckily our best one got a serious injury leaving us with at times a rash Otimendi and John Stones who Struggles for fitness and form.

This as we all know leaves us with a youngish leftback who`s abilities are better going forward especially and he doesnt have a fit Laporte to protect him.
Yes, I posted on the night that the team’s performance on Tuesday at Burnley made me feel a little ashamed that I’d doubted them. But it seems to be a case of one step forward, one step back at the moment. (And a derby defeat does intensify the hurt.) I agree completely about the players we have and about the woeful officiating that is screwing us but we made it too easy for the Rags yesterday. Of course, it might all look a lot more rosy after the Arsenal and Leicester games!

You think we look good enough to beat a Brendon Rodgers Leicester. You have true faith my friend.

THIS!!

Why on earth do we continue to play in this way...
Like I trust in Pep, but obviously hes instructing players to cross the ball into the box... so invest in a bloody target man? Or change tactic?

EVERY time we get a corner, i shake my head knowing absolutely nothing will come from it, and more than likely it will lead to a counter-attack against us...
Erm you do know we scored off a corner last night do you?
I'm beginning to see a flaw in your post already .

Quite strange really. I don't know whether it's because I am going off football generally because of VAR etc, or maybe because Liverpool is the now the club to hate.

But in my 53 years of watching City, I can never remember being so un-bothered by a derby defeat. We were bloody useless again and I just sat and watched it quite emotionless. I get more wound up on the political forums.

We lack a plan B and the gamble of playing midfielders in defence hasn't worked. As soon as the injury crisis started we should have gone with Garcia and Taylor bellis at the back. We may have still ended up 14 points behind the Mickey mousers but I honestly think we wouldn't have. We seem to be at the end of a cycle and need a rebuilding job doing from front to back bar Ederson in reality. I'm not sure Pep would be up for that as it's not something he's really had to do before. You also wonder how much the risk of not making the champions League ways on the managers mind. Chelsea have done it but only out of necessity with their transfer ban.

Morning blues. Still grumpy? Yeah me too. Fact is team just look a bit spent after two Herculean seasons. Fact is the team now needs a real refresh. With our assets and pull these days we really should not be cobbling together a centre half pairing. Stones an injury liability I’m afraid and the general past his peak. Must buy to boost defence. Forget Mendy. Now a clear mistake as everyone raided Monaco.
Must also refresh midfield. That’s sat on the bench. Foden should play much more without over pressurising the lad.
And we must have one or two more strikers. It was an awful state that the only change from the bench yesterday was Mahrez for a similar style player. Nothing else.
we should not be in such a state missing just three players. We coped without Kevin last season and without Sergio at times too. But too many aging players in this squad to keep pulling that off.
Question is do we act in January or wait until the summer?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.