Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s been utter clueless this season. Not once where we have been behind we have looked liked changing things and causing problems.

I don’t care what’s happened in previous seasons as it has no bearing on this year. Simply not good enough

Now is the time to see if Foden or Garcia are going to have the quality to play regularly and have a positive impact on the team in big games. If they do great, and it will mean we can spend more to bring in fewer top quality targets.

I think the youth, freshness, energy and pace of Foden would help revitalise the team.

The big difference for me with this season is that we look pedestrian in our play, the Burnley game was a bright spot in the last two months.

And we have to be realistic. Burnley are not in a good moment and Spuds beat them 5-0 yesterday.

Pep just seems like he needs a break to me.
He didn't stay this long at Barca.

I'm hoping he hasn't run his course here but it seems that at the minute he is struggling to get the squad to click again.

I felt burnt out at the end of last season, he must be exhausted with it.

Been occasions this season where I think he’s perhaps got things wrong (particularly the wank, lopsided 4-2-3-1 we’ve played at times). But the only tactical issue today was that three of the four defenders failed to do the absolute fucking basics. You cannot play the way Pep wants us to without defenders who are aggressive, committed, and prepared to play as high up the pitch as possible.

Agree regarding the defence but why did we have an out of form Bernardo up against the very poor Luke Shaw? Sterling would have ripped him a new one.

Been the bigges culprit with poor transfer business and squad compilation and his complete belligerence when it comes to team selection and how we set up.

Until he learns to adapt and shows a bit of humility, we'll keep going backwards till he eventually gets sacked or walks away tarnished, which is a shame because he's been brilliant for 2 years, but Liverpool have taken the league in a different direction and every opponent has sussed out how to stifle us, you have to evolve with the league. Besides, because we're so stifled, out of ideas, poorly set up and unbalanced we don't play like a Pep team anyway, it's gone and he has to evolve it to the players he's kept who can't do the old way anymore.

Gained nothing whatsoever from playing our world class defensive midfielder as a CB yesterday and gained only a huge hole where our world class defensive midfielder should have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.