Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
My take on it is Pep has no plan B. He plays the same way, thinking no matter what the opposition do, we still play the same way. The problem with it, is teams have figured it out and we as fans of City are going to have to get used to getting beat or drawing matches from time to time. This is not a criticism it's just the way it is. It's just horrible when we get beat against those from across the way:(
He said himself in that Sky interview after the Centurions season that ‘you don’t need a Plan B or Plan C, you just have to get Plan A right. If it’s not right, you keep on working until it’s right’ (in his words, they were my memory of what he said).

Almost all Prem teams’ philosophy is to hit teams quickly on the break. Not just the bottom sides, Liverpool Leicester Chelsea United and Wolves all play like that.

Almost all Prem teams’ philosophy is to hit teams quickly on the break. Not just the bottom sides, Liverpool Leicester Chelsea United and Wolves all play like that.

I think there’s a difference between being dangerous on the break when the opportunity arises and deliberately sitting deep and only looking to counter attack.

Liverpool and Leicester almost always dominate possession. Chelsea had more possession than City at the Etihad this season, so lumping them in with the Rags seems a little unfair

Been the bigges culprit with poor transfer business and squad compilation and his complete belligerence when it comes to team selection and how we set up.

Until he learns to adapt and shows a bit of humility, we'll keep going backwards till he eventually gets sacked or walks away tarnished, which is a shame because he's been brilliant for 2 years, but Liverpool have taken the league in a different direction and every opponent has sussed out how to stifle us, you have to evolve with the league. Besides, because we're so stifled, out of ideas, poorly set up and unbalanced we don't play like a Pep team anyway, it's gone and he has to evolve it to the players he's kept who can't do the old way anymore.

This season has very direct echoes of Pellers' last season. I couldn't stand those agitating for him to be sacked then and I don't demand Pep sacking now however..
..we certainly need to freshen things up and fast.

Maybe we need to start planning for life after pep now and start signing players for the next manager.

Stubbornness cost Mancini his job and it may well do the same to Pep. His stubbornness is bordering on arrogance and complacency these days.

Was doing my head in yesterday as I was watching him just stood there, not a single thing seemed to change throughout the match. Ridiculous to not throw on Mahrez earlier and to not bring on Foden is a joke.

mistakes mistakes mistakes..

I remember when I first saw those Sane - Sterling wide wings, at the beginning of January 2017 and thought -> wow, this is the key and what was needed.
Before that, from Sep-Dec 2016 - team was playing with Nolito - Navas / Sterling inside wings and things were same.. Possession - without effective attacks and results..

Then somehow changes were made and Sane-Sterling wide wing was established, which from my understanding was the cornerstone of the next two years` success.

But pep forgot it, he forgot it and reverted to those inside wings when he started playing with Sterling-Bernardo and i thought -> if he continues like this, we are fucked next season.
That was the biggest mistake last year and that is still the biggest mistake..

If I were him, I would apologize to Sane - for not valuing him enough and not giving credit for the achievements.

Debruyne was injured, aguero, kompany - literally everyone but injury of the Leroy was the problem he couldn't solve. Leroy is irreplaceable.

Talking of complacency. Did anyone else notice just how long it took us to get the balls back into play yesterday. Our ball boys need a fucking rocket as well.
For those that think it uninportant I would refer to a spurs goal last week that Maureen credited the assist as the ball boy. Anyone seeing the replay might well agree,

Ours is a mixture of possession and also this, when we get it right (most of the last two years) we are devastating, its when we don't get it right we look a mess, yesterday there was no pace or quick break outs from us (plenty the other way though).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.