FA Cup R3 - Port Vale (H) - Sat 04/01 - 5:31pm

For the benefit of anyone travelling back to Stockport, Macc or Stoke after the game, there will be an additional 11 coach Avanti train at 20.15 to ensure the last train to London at 20.35 doesn't get hammered with Vale fans.

For the benefit of anyone travelling back to Stockport, Macc or Stoke after the game, there will be an additional 11 coach Avanti train at 20.15 to ensure the last train to London at 20.35 doesn't get hammered with Vale fans.

Can't hang about afterwards, then - you'll be lucky to get out of the stadium before 7.30pm and it's 30 mins on foot to Piccadilly. Any Vale fans wanting to show their appreciation to their team after the match better keep it brief.

This is why I ended up not using the train for the Wembley trips earlier in the year - too much risk of missing the last one back if there was extra time or penalties. TV before the match-going fan as usual.

Got the 2015 on Saturday, it made it to Euston by 2340 about 45 minutes after the 2035. A lengthy stop in Northampton for some reason while Network Rail confirmed its flightplan.

Can't hang about afterwards, then - you'll be lucky to get out of the stadium before 7.30pm and it's 30 mins on foot to Piccadilly. Any Vale fans wanting to show their appreciation to their team after the match better keep it brief.

This is why I ended up not using the train for the Wembley trips earlier in the year - too much risk of missing the last one back if there was extra time or penalties. TV before the match-going fan as usual.

There are plenty of other trains back to the Potteries run by other operators of course. Part of my job is to protect existing services for the operator I'm employed by from overcrowding, which is what I have done. Have also had to do something similar for the Dipper Derby the following day.

Got the 2015 on Saturday, it made it to Euston by 2340 about 45 minutes after the 2035. A lengthy stop in Northampton for some reason while Network Rail confirmed its flightplan.

Yes, it was planned to do that. Not what I asked Network Rail for though, but we're only one of many operators on the network so can't always get what we ask for !!!

Doing it for every cup game that weekend .It is for a minute of reflection. So if you have had a shit year you got another minute to think about it. Dont know who dreams this stuff up
Brilliant!

Anyway, interestingly, just been to the currency exchange to pick up my Croatian Kunas for Wednesday, and got chatting to the lad who works there who turns out to be a Vale fan. He was desperate to finish work early to log on and buy his City away tickets as he reckons they'll sell out instantly. Looks like they are treating it like a cup final !!!

Anyway, interestingly, just been to the currency exchange to pick up my Croatian Kunas for Wednesday, and got chatting to the lad who works there who turns out to be a Vale fan. He was desperate to finish work early to log on and buy his City away tickets as he reckons they'll sell out instantly. Looks like they are treating it like a cup final !!!

We are treating it as a celebration, to celebrate the "new era" under the new owners. We are finally a club on the up, better players and better football being played. We will probably bring 7000-8000 true football fans all in party mood.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.