Pep's rebuilding job. Pep's City Mk II

The squad is largely there though, and we have Pep. If you look why we have dipped then the problems are temporary. Injury and mentality.
Sorry but I disagree.

The problems are not going to go away, most of this squad are not going to have a break next summer, due to the euro's and yet another Copa America.

And let's not forget Pep has been around these players for up to 4 seasons, they have seen all his tricks and psychology, we need a squad refresh.

Agree, signing a long term would be a great Christmas presents for us fans. But I believe he only did 1 year rolling contracts at Barca

Fingers crossed
Well a one year extension, means he his here for 2 more season, that makes a big, big difference to everything.

Stones has failed EVERY time he is under pressure.
The club has to find a world class partner to fit in alongside Laporte.
Garcia looks a quality kid who maybe good enough for the 4th spot, Stones possibly as 3rd choice but nothing more.
And yet for two seasons he was a key part of a team who won two titles. It's not so clear. I have my doubts because City have to be confident that should Laporte get injured we can cope. At the moment we can not. Stones being fit is also an issue. I agree he is under trial now but he is still a young and very talented player. Let's see how 2020 works out. We could end up regathering our momentum and self-belief and Stones and Garcia maybe a reasonable proposition next season. You can't know that now.

Sorry but I disagree.

The problems are not going to go away, most of this squad are not going to have a break next summer, due to the euro's and yet another Copa America.

And let's not forget Pep has been around these players for up to 4 seasons, they have seen all his tricks and psychology, we need a squad refresh.
The problems are that the team can no longer defend. That's down to injury in central defence and changes in midfield. I believe Rodri and Foden will be world class players. And Laporte is. You at best can have a question mark against one player. That's not a significant problem long term.

And yet for two seasons he was a key part of a team who won two titles. It's not so clear. I have my doubts because City have to be confident that should Laporte get injured we can cope. At the moment we can not. Stones being fit is also an issue. I agree he is under trial now but he is still a young and very talented player. Let's see how 2020 works out. We could end up regathering our momentum and self-belief and Stones and Garcia maybe a reasonable proposition next season. You can't know that now.
He was, but again Pep DID NOT TRUST HIM AT THE END OF LAST SEASON.

He never got off the bench and that for a player who had barley played for 2 injury stricken seasons.

And the is not insult to Vinny. The captain was brought back for is leadership, strength and dressing room respect, everything that JFS lacks.

The problems are that the team can no longer defend. That's down to injury in central defence and changes in midfield. I believe Rodri and Foden will be world class players. And Laporte is. You at best can have a question mark against one player. That's not a significant problem long term.
Rodri is a wonderful player, amazing for a player coming into a new league, country and unsettled team.

We are 100 % going to loose, Sane, Otto, Bravo, Silva for starters and there is serious doubts about Stones, Mendy, Angelino and Mahrez.

Major squad changes are wanted and needed.

He was, but again Pep DID NOT TRUST HIM AT THE END OF LAST SEASON.

He never got off the bench and that for a player who had barley played for 2 injury stricken seasons.

And the is not insult to Vinny. The captain was brought back for is leadership, strength and dressing room respect, everything that JFS lacks.
JFS? Don't do that. I prefer to look at if that Stones wasn't at his best at the time for reasons most of us know and when everything is at stake you use a player with the experience of Kompany who was a warrior. I don't understand why some people pursue players as if they have vendettas. It's not rational.

JFS? Don't do that. I prefer to look at if that Stones wasn't at his best at the time for reasons most of us know and when everything is at stake you use a player with the experience of Kompany who was a warrior. I don't understand why some people pursue players as if they have vendettas. It's not rational.
Stones has gone missing in the previous 2 seasons and the same is happening now.

Unfortunately it's a serious pattern, no vendetta no issue, just fact.

Also I know that some of Johnny's issues are self inflicted, again not from rumours but facts that I am aware of.

We are 100 % going to loose, Sane, Otto, Bravo, Silva for starters and there is serious doubts about Stones, Mendy, Angelino and Mahrez.
Big deal. Ota was half-way out the door, Bravo is a no 2, Silva was retiring and Foden is at the moment a better bet anyway. Sane has not played for some time anyway ad if he is sold, we will receive c. £60m and be able to rebuild. We haven't had a left back for 2 years etc. None of these problems are fundamental or as big as you think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.