Pep's rebuilding job. Pep's City Mk II

When was the last time City sold a player for £60m. Never. If we sell Sane, we can do what we want in the tranfer market....see Liverpool and Coutinho.

I'd rather keep Sane. I have my doubts over Sancho. Still a work in progress. He certainly at the moment is inferior to our current wide players.
Re Sancho, never go back, it very rarely works.

Pep did say he will go easier on them this season after the last 2 seasons! So I see us going all out for the champs league and Pep will get the whip out next season.

Did anyone see that BBC article basically gloating about 'the end of Guardiola' because of Liverpool being miles ahead of City?

Reckon Arteta might be named Arsenal manager after this game. The Brenda rumours out in full force today. Be nice if Pep extended his contract and rebuilt the side but not sure that will happen.

There are no players currently in world football as good as Sane on the wing that we can realistically buy (Mane - Liverpool, Hazard - Madrid etc). We need to do all we can to keep him at City, including making him the highest paid player if we have to. He's an amazing player.

That's far too pessimistic. Stones and Laporte were oustanding for much of last season. Why do you say Stones head has gone? His problem is that he is forever injured. He just can't get a run in the side. Laporte is a world class player. Garcia and Harwood Bellis are fine prospects. I don't see a problem there.

Losing Mendy who was a world class left back was hard but we survived it first through the form of Delph and then Zinchenko. Zinchenko is under-rated because he didn't cost £50m.

Why doesn't Rodri fill Fern's shoes. He's slow but so was Xabi Alonso.

Jesus is an oustanding young player. We'd be foolish to let such a talented young player go. He needs supply. At the moment we're struggling to do that because KDB is not quite at the level he was whilst David Silva's legs have gone.

We have the same problem that Pellegrini had when Yaya reached the end of his days. The team has become unbalanced but I don't think it will take much to put right.
Mate that defence without Laporte is shocking and there’s no glossing over it .honestly would you be happy going into next season with stones and Laporte and not signing a centre back ?

There are no players currently in world football as good as Sane on the wing that we can realistically buy (Mane - Liverpool, Hazard - Madrid etc). We need to do all we can to keep him at City, including making him the highest paid player if we have to. He's an amazing player.

spot on

Mate that defence without Laporte is shocking and there glossing over it .
I agree entirely but he's not gone anywhere. A central defence needs 4 players.

Garcia and Harwood-Bellis will be older and more experienced next season. Stones needs to get fit and need a good 2nd half of the season.

Whatever, Pep will review City at the end of the season and if we have to buy then so be it, but we'll be in fantastic position to do so if that is required. We have Pep, Txiki and the largest revenue in English football so it'll get sorted one way or another.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.