General Wrestling Thread

The people who I know who are into wrestling absolutely hate him and think he's so past it. Which is kind of emblematic of the issues of today's characterless, suspension of disbelief destroying wrestlers.

When I was still into it I used to listen to his podcasts. I'm glad to know I'm not his only fan.

No, they just don't understand how wrestling actually works. AEW should just be renamed Abject Entitled Wankers, special guest starring appearances by half a dozen people who actually know what they're doing to try and lend an air of credibility.

A billionaire's play thing but the difference is this billionaire doesn't have 40 years of industry credit in the bank.

It's only wrestling. If the average fan likes it and spends their money on it then there's very little harm. Some people go into far to much detail and get worked up by so little these days.

It's only wrestling. Enjoy it for what it is.

No, they just don't understand how wrestling actually works. AEW should just be renamed Abject Entitled Wankers, special guest starring appearances by half a dozen people who actually know what they're doing to try and lend an air of credibility.

A billionaire's play thing but the difference is this billionaire doesn't have 40 years of industry credit in the bank.
I understand your perspective, but I can't say I feel anywhere near as strongly as yourself. It's only wrestling. When I stopped liking it as much I just stopped watching; there's no point getting angry over something that's supposed to be entertainment.

I understand your perspective, but I can't say I feel anywhere near as strongly as yourself. It's only wrestling. When I stopped liking it as much I just stopped watching; there's no point getting angry over something that's supposed to be entertainment.

I've watched part of the clip, it pissed me off, I will never see it again.

It's only anything in life, I just dislike people who make a mockery of stuff I have enjoyed.

I've watched part of the clip, it pissed me off, I will never see it again.

It's only anything in life, I just dislike people who make a mockery of stuff I have enjoyed.
Yeah that's like Cornette isn't it? I completely understand your position.

Finisher spam, a million near falls, spotfests, characters like Joey Ryan, King Meltzer, constant kayfabe breaking (this is what the straw that broke my back), over emphasis on athleticism, the rise of entitled smarks, shitty/no selling, 50/50 booking, cool heels, wrestlers who look like shit, wrestlers who look like I could beat them in a fight, 50 suicide dives a match and probably more. If I'd grown up watching the stuff of the territorial days I'd be in despair watching the modern stuff.

Like I've said personally I can't get too wound up. But I 100% get your perspective, if I have it right at least.

Yeah that's like Cornette isn't it? I completely understand your position.

Finisher spam, a million near falls, spotfests, characters like Joey Ryan, King Meltzer, constant kayfabe breaking (this is what the straw that broke my back), over emphasis on athleticism, the rise of entitled smarks, shitty/no selling, 50/50 booking, cool heels, wrestlers who look like shit, wrestlers who look like I could beat them in a fight, 50 suicide dives a match and probably more. If I'd grown up watching the stuff of the territorial days I'd be in despair watching the modern stuff.

Like I've said personally I can't get too wound up. But I 100% get your perspective, if I have it right at least.

You do indeed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.