Wolves - post match

We have wasted millions on fullbacks who are either too bad to replace a dodgy one or too dodgy to replace someone who isn't even a fullback. We have a CM who has yet to make a tackle. The other key positions we have just watched the stars go over the hill and banked the cash.. Criminal defence of a Title.
We have been unable to defend the title because of injury to Laporte. That's not criminal. That's bad luck.

Some key points ...IMO
Losing Laporte has been pivotal.
No natural leader (on/off field) without Vinny.
Not addressing replacing the above.
Over rotation of squad ...some plainly aren’t good enough while better players warm the bench.
Peps lack of faith in Phil Foden.
So many injuries.
Bad night tonight.

OK, an hour after the game has finished, time to put some perspective on our team.
We’ve just come off a season where we did the unprecedented domestic treble. We’re not at the races this premier league season due to Liverpool’s remarkable form. Is it lack of intensity, luck, injuries, poor reffing, there’s a multitude of possibilities.
We still have 3 cup competitions, a top 4 fight, so there’s still plenty to play for, it’s not our year for the league, it happens.
I’m sure there are 18 other teams that would gladly exchange our future prospects for theirs.
Don’t be entitled like some we know, remember where we’ve come from in less than a decade.
It hurts of course, but we have the belief that we’re always going to be challengers for any competition now, rather than when we just made the numbers

Last game at home they were beaten by a poor Tottenham side.
Today they were 2-0 down to the current english champions who had just beaten Leicester, Chelsea & Arsenal - we had less possession/shots/goals etc....did i mention the result at the Etihad? Give credit where credit is due! 6 points against Man City is not a fluke....its hard work
Look mate we were beating this fantastic side as you say 2-0 at there place whilst down to 10 men.

Then we decided to gift them 2 goals, so instead of City who had worked hard for 87mins taking 3 points we took nothing.

I know who we beat previously and on merit, but we didn't gift these teams 2 goals nor were we down to 10 men.

Are you also dismissing the injury situation? The remaining fit players need a rest but can’t have one.
We’re only far behind what’s in front of us because we’re playing without key players & the 2 teams in front of us have had no significant injuries all season.

I can’t emphasise enough the knock on effect this is having. But some folk on here can’t deal with it.

Are you dismissing the failure to replace Kompany?

I know we’ve had injuries, and a fit Laporte would change things massively, but we shouldn’t be in this situation as we should have replaced our leader and greatest centre back.

He was a bull physically last season, and he always had that lightening pace from his time at Middlesbrough. This season his decision making, and general play has improved considerably, and he's now one of the best players in the league.

Get a hold of yourself, man! Best players in the League? C’mon! Just made a shit defence look shit!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.