Wolves - post match

Having Laporte back might give us bit more solid defence, might turn couple losses into draws, couple draws into wins, but still the pressing in general has gone to shit and the individual performances are just not hitting a good level. Basically everyone's is less consistent, 1 good game and 3-4 mediocre one seems like to be the way this season. Kun and Jesus both can go 3-4 games not scoring then they score a double or treble. Then they score 1 goal in 4 games again.

And our way of defending only works with heavy pressing, winning the ball back quickly to have more possession, to turn it into quick, surprise attacks and for them not to be able to run at our defence. and not losing balls 95% of the time. the way Sterling lost the ball before their first goal, then the way Mendy lost it for their 2nd goal...

We would see Laporte to struggle if there is not much help from midfield and lack of general pressing and if he would have players running at him with speed.

Van Dijk is great but they have workhorses in midfield with Henderson, Wijnaldum, Milner, Keita, Fabinho who are doing so much dirty work that we arent. and also high energy constant press from their front three and also the positioning of their midfielders to give freedom to fullbacks to go into bursting attacks without them being caught...

They would of course feel the injury of Van Dijk but they would feel much more if they stopped pressing and they would put two attacking midfieldrs in instead of Wijndaldum and Fabinho for example who wont track back and press much.

I am pretty sure something went wrong in the fitness department, maybe at pre season training, we hardly had friendly games, maybe 3 in total, but in some games we look knackered an this was there to see in October, November already. This December fixture madness will hardly help it with extra derby games in Carabao coming up too.

It's not in a natural decline at all. Where on Earth do you get that from?

The squad is young. The only old players are David Silva who is already effectively replaced and Aguero who imo has at least a season in him anyway.

Football fans who think City's days are done are making a massive mistake. City's central defence is rubbish. It's the worst it has ever been. That is the problem. It's easily fixed. Play last season's central defenders. Both are on the training pitch.

Have you forgot dinho nearly ready for his pension

You have to look at a players contribution to the club in all games played. Anyone who has a go at ederson or sterling is a bit dim to be honest. Overall there are some players who we can put on the must do better list. There are too many for comfort at this stage. The signings in the summer should get a one season pass, Mendy stones ota are becoming a long term liability. Dinho is being shafted by a stubborn manager.
Yeah,when Garcia came on at the start of the second half I thought dinho was going into midfield how wrong was I

State of this bloody thread, havent managed to read it all as its growing faster than I can browse through it!!!! didnt realize we had such a lot of wet knickers as fans( though half of em probably sad dippers thieving our thread space)!!!!! Anyway, it never felt safe even at two nil up, and despite individual errors and losing, the team has to look forward now. With less than 48 hrs before we face Sheff utd its no good dwelling on tonight, even as we speak, I bet Peps thinking of ways to win that game. He wont be undermining his knackered players confidence by highlighting their frailties when they will be as dissapointed as anyone on here is.Whats done is done, you pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and try and win the next one, we now need to take each game as it comes one at a time, and see where it takes us. Its been a fcking brilliant journey recently, and tonight is a bump in the road, we still have a long way to go and a lot to look forward to over the next few seasons and beyond, so buckle up and fck everyone else.

I don’t think you get the thread title, I suggest you start a it’s all good man thread maybe with a gif of a bloke with his thumbs up

Yeah it’s all good man

Alec-Baldwin-Thumbs-up.gif

Guardiola persisting with Gundogan is a huge problem.

He has neither the legs nor the bollocks required to protect a back 4. When youre already weak at the back then having him holding just magnifies it.

Moving Fernandinho back has fucked it all. He's probably our most important player.

What has that got to do with tonights abomination? People are rightly upset with the performance. If theres a rant on what's the big deal? I'm sure someone can answer the question if you really need to know.
I don't have an issue with people having a rant, that is the whole purpose of the forum and everyone is allowed to vent their feelings.
I was simply curious about the number of pages - I would imagine the highest number would have have been after the Aguero moment to be honest..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.