Has this season turned the laws of the game a farce?

Agree, but what I couldn't get was how long it took VAR to decide. The commentary even said they were reviewing the build up? Felt like they were looking for any reason not to give it and in the end simply couldn't find one.
I would fuck VAR right off, blue tinted lenses maybe but it feels like every VAR decision affecting us is to try to find a reason not to give a decision whereas some other (not all) teams seem to be treated differently.

This swings and roundabouts, evening itself out over the season, is just obfuscation. It doesn't, and I think there is more than an indication that there isn't a one fit application for every PL team.

It was interesting that they were taking so long. My ERO who was watching with me suggested that the longer it took the more they would give it, but I could subscribe to the notion of just looking for summat that would chalk off the claim.

The Tottenham game was the one for me last year, what’s the point in celebrating a goal when it could well be disallowed five minutes later. It seems that agendas can be delivered, Llorente handling, our offside in the last minute and VAR is definitely ruining football. I’m well and truly pissed off with the authorities trying to influence results, maybe I’m reading too much into things but that’s how it seems to me. The handball at Liverpool another total game changer, how does that not get given?

I actually think it was the spurs game this season - at least I could understand what they were analyzing in that CL game but WTF was all that about with the ball brushing stones arm in the passage of play disallowing a winning goal that Jesus scored in the last minute! That’s the moments all fans used to dream about and celebrate and now we have to wait for multiple checks for fractional offsides and incidents going back who knows how long before the goal was scored.

That was a long walk back to the station that day as I knew something was dying in the game and felt bad for my lad who was with me if this was going to be the future.

I’m not of the opinion that every touch is a foul, I’m old school and we have had penalties for and against I wouldn’t have given. If I was to stamp on your foot really hard you wouldn’t pause and jump up in the air in that manner. The delay tells you everything. Mahrez carried on while he processed the touch then jumped up looking for a penalty. He didn’t initially even break his stride.

Do you understand how running at speed works?

I actually think it was the spurs game this season - at least I could understand what they were analyzing in that CL game but WTF was all that about with the ball brushing stones arm in the passage of play disallowing a winning goal that Jesus scored in the last minute! That’s the moments all fans used to dream about and celebrate and now we have to wait for multiple checks for fractional offsides and incidents going back who knows how long before the goal was scored.

That was a long walk back to the station that day as I knew something was dying in the game and felt bad for my lad who was with me if this was going to be the future.
It was Laporte's arm, IIRC.

yes the laws are now a farce. The decision making process, the decisions themselves are just random. And it's inciting the fans, we're getting trouble at games where VAR is involved and it needs pulling before it is too late and ALL fans are branded animals and trouble makers. VAR is the trouble maker.

There is definitely a tendency nowadays to make the most of any contact in or around the box. I'd categorise it as exaggeration /acting rather than diving. There was a touch of this about Mahrez and sometimes with raz. Wolves players also - it was the classic shot by a sniper reaction to the contact by Ederson, and the player pretending ottamendi had broken his neck in the second half.

This swings and roundabouts, evening itself out over the season, is just obfuscation. It doesn't, and I think there is more than an indication that there isn't a one fit application for every PL team.

It was interesting that they were taking so long. My ERO who was watching with me suggested that the longer it took the more they would give it, but I could subscribe to the notion of just looking for summat that would chalk off the claim.
At the start of the season we were told VAR will not interfere with the referees initial decision re penalties and red cards (we suffered as well as others ...rodri wrestled to the ground in the area....jesus disallowed goal v spurs , the shitshow at anfield as well as other examples)...now VAR have done a u turn (too late for clubs affected by earlier mistakes) ...add to this we were also told replays would be relayed on big screens in the stadium (apart from anfield and ot)…..also why still are refs not using the monitors ? (considering the amount of time var is taking with some decisions)…..the mysterious way the FA have implemented VAR has killed it for me...sad to say this is my last season after 45 years

If you think it wouldn’t be the case League 1 and below, I’d suggest you go watch some League 1, 2 and National League football at a bit of length to see the shite that gets given and obvious shit that gets missed.

is it VAR or the way the fa use it ?

I like the VAR version where the match ref goes to the monitor and reviews the incident than the match ref makes a decision. He might get it wrong might get it right but we can see one ref making up his mind in full view of the paying fans. OK he might be getting guidance from his ear piece I guess but its as far as we know his decision. With the English fa version we have a ref in a shed over ruling or agreeing with the match ref, that cant be good for the match ref. If I was match ref I wouldnt like someone hundreds of miles over ruling my decision in front of 10,000's of fans and millions on tv, I would feel a right twat !. It has to be in my eyes the match ref who makes the decisions by going to a monitor

at the utd game I was having to text my lad in kent to find out what was going on at the match I had paid 60quid for my seat for to watch a match that I didnt have a clue what was going on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.