Has this season turned the laws of the game a farce?

At the start of the season we were told VAR will not interfere with the referees initial decision re penalties and red cards (we suffered as well as others ...rodri wrestled to the ground in the area....jesus disallowed goal v spurs , the shitshow at anfield as well as other examples)...now VAR have done a u turn (too late for clubs affected by earlier mistakes) ...add to this we were also told replays would be relayed on big screens in the stadium (apart from anfield and ot)…..also why still are refs not using the monitors ? (considering the amount of time var is taking with some decisions)…..the mysterious way the FA have implemented VAR has killed it for me...sad to say this is my last season after 45 years

It is this that raises so many queries, apart from Cult of Analfied who are lapping it up - one decision have they suffered with VAR? Compare that to other teams in the league - points lost, managerial positions lost, all because they have fucked up what other sports have adapted so well! Looked in on the cricket and Joffers asking for an lbw - umpire gives it, there's an appeal, Cricket VAR clicks in and Umpires decision stands, and off the batsman goes. No argument, no substantial wait, no histrionics. Football could not have implemented a more shitty system if it had the inmates of a lunatic asylum designing it!

It is this that raises so many queries, apart from Cult of Analfied who are lapping it up - one decision have they suffered with VAR? Compare that to other teams in the league - points lost, managerial positions lost, all because they have fucked up what other sports have adapted so well! Looked in on the cricket and Joffers asking for an lbw - umpire gives it, there's an appeal, Cricket VAR clicks in and Umpires decision stands, and off the batsman goes. No argument, no substantial wait, no histrionics. Football could not have implemented a more shitty system if it had the inmates of a lunatic asylum designing it!

it just , for me, doesnt work for football. As you discussed cricket ... its either hitting the wicket or it isnt for LBW, it either hit the bat or not for caught behind. Tennis, its either on the line or its not.

With football, its about opinions. Tidy up how they use it for offside and goal line technology and bin the rest. If they cant get it right for offside, bin that too

Brighton just had a goal disallowed where you couldn't even see all the players bodies to even confirm if it was offside. Fucking pathetic
It’s ruined the whole enjoyment of watching football. I don’t watch much anymore bar City games but was watching Brighton v Bournemouth, but switched it off now.

it just , for me, doesnt work for football. As you discussed cricket ... its either hitting the wicket or it isnt for LBW, it either hit the bat or not for caught behind. Tennis, its either on the line or its not.

With football, its about opinions. Tidy up how they use it for offside and goal line technology and bin the rest. If they cant get it right for offside, bin that too

Just watched the Brighton 'second goal' and they are looking for an offside from a free kick, They guy was more offside than Sterling or Jesus, and we waited, and waited, and the lines were drawn, and we waited a bit more, and I thought, 'They're gonna give it!!' But in the end it's chalked off. The one thing that should take five seconds is taking thirty! Get back to the drawing board and come up with a fit for purpose system you canutes at The FArce and PL!

I think I would be a lot happier if they had a third choice of a decision that was 'Not decisive' as they do in rugby, Yes it was a pen, no it wasn't, not decisive!

It’s ruined the whole enjoyment of watching football. I don’t watch much anymore bar City games but was watching Brighton v Bournemouth, but switched it off now.

One camera angle is a joke, couldnt see the other defenders leg behind him just going off a still image that isnt even inline with the players.

Agree 100% @Dave Ewing's Back 'eader, I supported bringing in VAR to clamp down on players who were going down like fannies and to see less penalties given, but I was wrong and it's done the exact opposite and pretty much ruined the celebration of every goal scored. VAR, IFAB, and the general abuse of the game by referees has made me fall out of love with football. Even when we were in Div 2, I was in love with football but not anymore hence why I'm giving up my season-ticket.
It’s a shame, dude, but I don’t blame you. Football is blatantly corrupt and therefore; has lost it’s integrity. What’s left if that has been eroded.

That's what I thought only found out this morning watching the test that for LBW there is a grey area where they stick with whatever the umpires decision was. I presume this is because they know the ball tracker isn't 100% accurate. This could apply to offside as the frame of leaving the passers foot can't be 100% there needs to be a grey area where they stick with the onfield decision.

That's what I thought only found out this morning watching the test that for LBW there is a grey area where they stick with whatever the umpires decision was. I presume this is because they know the ball tracker isn't 100% accurate. This could apply to offside as the frame of leaving the passers foot can't be 100% there needs to be a grey area where they stick with the onfield decision.
You get my sentiments tho

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.