Wolves - post match

I've just started reading Vincent Kompany's 'Treble Triumph' book and one section jumped out at me which might cast a sort of light on this season, he was talking about being concerned about motivation for last season after our Centurion season:

"It wasn't that we as players didn't want to win any more, it's just that there seems to be something inside every human being that changes after a big success, which is understandable, The tendency is to be more relaxed. That feeling comes from knowing what you've achieved.
When you get to a certain level you can get into a comfort zone that you don't want to be in because the other guys, your rivals and your opponents, could then want it more than you. That's not how or why we become successful in the first place." (pge 11)

Just a thought on how this season has progressed. Maybe they are missing VK even more than we realised (yes I know lots of people have said we are missing him but.....)

KDB's foreword to the book is good reading as well. I think KDB would make a great leader, never as good as VK (or Dunnie) but a good replacement. (As @karen7 will tell you no one replaces the Legend that is VK or the Dunnie Monster in my world!!!) :-)

For City fans everywhere who are suffering, like me, and trying to get over that gutted feeling from last night. About an hour ago, just as I thought that the world was ending, based on reading the doomsday comments of fellow BMooners, I picked up a book of poems by Wordsworth and Keats. I have now been transported to another world far away from the misery of Bluemoon. Go for it blues...just go to the library in your study upstairs and pick out your favourite book of poems. Then sit down in your comfy recliner and start reading with a glass of your favourite tipple beside you....I have a Glenmorangie!!!!.

One last thing folks. If bull**** was a form of energy I'd be a nuclear reactor!!!.
Well said, dude. I thought City were good. Wolverhampton were good and overall, it was a cracking game. You win some, you lose some and there’s always tomorrow.

You say charming, then pap on about spelling etc.

You are old, that much is evident, so you might not know about predictive texting. It happens. You also use words like 'I've' when it could be 'I have' and even use 'we're' when it could be ' we are' .

Then you say 'die for the shirt', get real you idiot. No one has ever died for the shirt.

Sterling is a top player, leave it there
Yep. Sterling’s class; on and off the pitch and a credit to the far sighted bunch who decided to pay £50 odd million for him. A decision that was universally mocked by “Einstein’s”.

For City fans everywhere who are suffering, like me, and trying to get over that gutted feeling from last night. About an hour ago, just as I thought that the world was ending, based on reading the doomsday comments of fellow BMooners, I picked up a book of poems by Wordsworth and Keats. I have now been transported to another world far away from the misery of Bluemoon. Go for it blues...just go to the library in your study upstairs and pick out your favourite book of poems. Then sit down in your comfy recliner and start reading with a glass of your favourite tipple beside you....I have a Glenmorangie!!!!.

One last thing folks. If bull**** was a form of energy I'd be a nuclear reactor!!!.
A lovely idea, but can you recommend any books with pictures instead of writing for @BlueMoonRisin' and @snorky?

Reflecting back on yesterdays game (and many others this Season) it seems that if a City player makes one fook up in our half it results in a goal. Sterling,Mendy simple fuck ups -it happens for all teams but City seem incapable of recovering the situation and its a goal.

Reflecting back on yesterdays game (and many others this Season) it seems that if a City player makes one fook up in our half it results in a goal. Sterling,Mendy simple fuck ups -it happens for all teams but City seem incapable of recovering the situation and its a goal.

basically we just have a poor defence and at the moment a defensive midfielder who is a bit hit and miss. If we don’t score 3 goals a game, there is always a chance we won’t win.

Let's not let anything get in the way of the fact that this title race has been over since we got absolutely fucking shafted at Anfield.

Players knew, Pep knew, fans knew.

Throw in half our fucking team getting injured and is it a surprise were struggling? Half of the second string arent good enough and will be gone in the Summer.

3 cups to play for. Season ain't over yet. Chin up Blues.

It's a disgrace
Disgrace:
This attitude is something that’s wrong with our support.

Too fucking right they should be celebrating like that!

Winning football matches is huge, winning from being 0-2 down late on is huger, that being against the back-to-back champions is huger still.

What do you want them to do? Do what our fans do and just walk out en mass no matter what the fucking score with ten minutes to go? Or what our players do and just fuck off up the tunnel no matter what the game or how good our fans have been, even at away games?

It’s like our entire club from fans to players to boardroom don’t give a shit about each other. Too many fans don’t support the team (turning up to games is not the sum total of supporting a team), the players don’t appreciate the fans that do support the team and the support is rewarded with huge price hikes every season seeing thousands of our support drift away.

If our fans players and board started to give a shit about each other we might get excited about winning football matches or even just scoring goals!

At the moment we’re drifting as a club and fanbase, winning trophies doesn’t make us a good club!
Well said, dude. I’ve been in the doldrums with this club and I’ve now enjoyed the highs so I can relate to the joy of a scalp against one of the “big boys”. Chuffed for all those fans who turn up to the ground and support a team who will probably never ever reach and transcend the heights this City team has and will do in the future.

Not sure many City fans have a library in their study tbh mate.

Switched off as soon as that sham of a red card was given and don't regret it. Just when you think the officials have plumbed the lowest depths they find a new level, fuck the lot of 'em

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.