Wolves - post match

Sent to my brother, who was there...

Mendy: Wank
Walker: Wank
Otamendi: Wank

That’s 3/4 of the defence! Throw in Ederson: Wank, and 80% of our defence was WANK!!

Sterling (bar the breakaway he scored): WANK
Mahrez: Wank

Bernardo:
KDB:
Rodri:
Ferna:

10 men
From 0-0 to 0-2
Then, to lose it 3-2 in 90th minute to a RB breaking through a defence where Otamendi on his arse (just for a change!) for the 3rd and Mendy is out of his fucking mind for the 2nd?! Well, what a fucking joke!!

Can’t imagine having to fight the crowds and drive home after that shit!

To not be able to defend a 2 goal advantage for 45 minutes away from home with a 5 man defence???? Sheffield United, let alone the European teams like RM, must be laughing their arses off!! UFB!!

A few players need to have a long hard look at themselves after that. And, Txiki should be on the phone to Khaldoon asking two big questions:

1) Does Pep have the ability to build a team that needs to defend every now and then?

2) How much money do we have to start rebuilding this £300M defence??

Otamendi?
Mendy?
Walker?
Cancelo?
Angelino?
Bravo?
Fernandinho leaving...
Stones?

Not sure what we have to build on out if that group?!

Stones stays, but need to play HB and Garcia more, so they can be the solid back ups next season, and bring in a TOP CB to play with Laporte.

Midfield needs one more big strong lad in the middle while we bring along Doyle.

Need LW and CF up front.

Doubt we can replace Walker, Cancelo, Mendy and/or Angelino, so stuck with them for another season. Zinchenko looking like #1 LB now!

STILL can’t believe Mendy not clearing that ball! UFB!!

Well, if you thought Sheff Utd game was going to be hard BEFORE this game....?!!!

If we had Laporte in the side, Wolves would never have even bothered with the long balls at the start of the game. Everything stems from Laporte's injury and City's inability to find a solution to it.
Marv, you post some good stuff but that is conjecture. Valiant effort by us but Mendy was schoolboy for their 2nd.

5 goals in his entire Premier League career and three of those have come against us. It does happen, We make shit players look good. Even ask Theo Walcott.
And BluDip Calvert Lawrence Llewelyn Bowen is up soon at the Ethi for his annual goal ,,,,,,,,,,, grrrrrrrrrrr

We have wasted millions on fullbacks who are either too bad to replace a dodgy one or too dodgy to replace someone who isn't even a fullback. We have a CM who has yet to make a tackle. The other key positions we have just watched the stars go over the hill and banked the cash.. Criminal defence of a Title.

Recruitment has been an issue. No doubt about it.

It's the same everywhere though, a similar percentage of players just don't cut it, for whatever reason, at most clubs.

This is glossed over when you win 198 points in two seasons, but the problems were evident in champions league games.

Liverpool have been equally erratic in the transfer market, Lovren, Origi, Keita has taken two years to get going, lallana etc.

They've been lucky to get Trent Alexander Arnold through who's as good a full back as I've seen and Robertson was a really good purchase.

They are a van Dijk injury away from turning into a shambles. Much like us with Laporte.
Injury struck our achilles heel and everything that has happened since is a consequence of that.

Kompany retired a year earlier than we expected and we didn't find a transfer solution.

I am not sure whether Pep trusts Stones as he seems to be fit but he rarely plays him, and yet will play Ota and Fernandinho when both do not convince at all.

At times I wish we had played Harwood-Bellis and Garcia but maybe they are not ready. I find it hard to believe that they would do a worse job than Ota and Fern.

He was a bull physically last season, and he always had that lightening pace from his time at Middlesbrough. This season his decision making, and general play has improved considerably, and he's now one of the best players in the league.

He has scored 4 goals, 5 with tonights which tells me he is ordinary most weeks and most teams handle him easily.

They don’t hate them. They hate losing. Raw reaction that’s all and tonight was gutting.
After 12 minutes I thought we would lose, after 50 minutes I hoped we would win, after 55 minutes I was back to losing by the 82nd minute I was hoping to win. Then it all caved in it is the hope that kills you in the end. This season is becoming a write off with our inconsistencies.

If we had Laporte in the side, Wolves would never have even bothered with the long balls at the start of the game. Everything stems from Laporte's injury and City's inability to find a solution to it.
Yep but Pep is paid multi millions to come up with solutions to these types of problems and he hasn't come close to finding a solution.
I rate Pep highly but it seems there's a Pep cult where he can't be criticised......ever

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.