Bobby Madley

Also being serious, or drunk and a little bit stoned...
I just read that and it all seemed a little contrived and trying too hard.
Most of my life has involved having to read people in certain circumstances, (not unlike yourself)and although this is the written word and I’m not looking at the man face to face, I just don’t get the sincerity of his actions - only the regret of losing a job in a million.
Anyway, fuck him, he was a wank ref.
Absolutely agree. Not an "I'm sorry", more a "I'm sorry I got caught, but you've all done it too"

Having read the full transcript it shows what a fucked up false world social media is. It can destroy people in days. He was a shit ref but if what he has written is true he has been shit on from a great height by a so called friend and the keyboard warriors should also hang their heads in shame.

Seems inconsistent that they threw the book - rightly in my opinion - at Madeley for this but Clattenburg got away with what amounted to a criminal offence and continued to Ref (be it badly) for years.

Why do you think it was correct to sack him for this (assuming his version of events is correct)?

Sorry I was stating from an FA perspective. Given what was before them both should have been sacked. It’s a mystery why Madeley didn’t pursue a claim at the ET. My guess would be if you look at other cases with other Refs - there was some sort of compromise agreement which prevented Madeley bringing a legal case in return for the ‘cover story’. Madeley obviously now feels sufficiently aggrieved and confident to speak out but his legal options are all largely closed.

Sorry I was stating from an FA perspective. Given what was before them both should have been sacked. It’s a mystery why Madeley didn’t pursue a claim at the ET. My guess would be if you look at other cases with other Refs - there was some sort of compromise agreement which prevented Madeley bringing a legal case in return for the ‘cover story’. Madeley obviously now feels sufficiently aggrieved and confident to speak out but his legal options are all largely closed.
Any compromise agreement would have had an NDA in surely, and one that would last more than a few months. That said, he might just have said ‘fuck it’!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.