Bobby Madley

Yes, I didn't really have a problem with him. Was he the best ref about? Nope. Was he ok? Sure. He definitely controlled matches at least.
Spot on mate. I do recall him not being liked, but at the time that appeared to be down to his I don't give a fuck attitude, which he backed up with his Appollo Creed physique and I think his skills in martial arts. The reason I feel he deserves a little more respect from some of the posts I've read is because whether he was a dick or not, he opened doors and minds for any aspiring black ref or athlete or person just by merely being on the pitch officiating. You can't put a price on the impact he probably had in breaking down stereotypes and or the sense of pride it must have given others in seeing a black man in that role. So yeh he probably was a prick. I'll take the words of others on that. But just saying to many others he was and meant so much much more.

Yes, I didn't really have a problem with him. Was he the best ref about? Nope. Was he ok? Sure. He definitely controlled matches at least.

Spot on mate. I do recall him not being liked, but at the time that appeared to be down to his I don't give a fuck attitude, which he backed up with his Appollo Creed physique and I think his skills in martial arts. The reason I feel he deserves a little more respect from some of the posts I've read is because whether he was a dick or not, he opened doors and minds for any aspiring black ref or athlete or person just by merely being on the pitch officiating. You can't put a price on the impact he probably had in breaking down stereotypes and or the sense of pride it must have given others in seeing a black man in that role. So yeh he probably was a prick. I'll take the words of others on that. But just saying to many others he was and meant so much much more.

Anyone who send off Alan Shearer for persistent fouling and says "you can't book me. I'm the England Captain" deserves everyone's respect

Go to 12.30 in this video
Also goes on to tell how he sent the Irish dog wanker off

OTEo.jpg

Is that when MANUre or the Dippers scored?

Since Rennie I can't recall any top level Black or Ethnic minority referees? I wonder if his career was over as soon as he put his foot down with Shearer. I recall he wouldn't tolerate his snidey elbows and swearing and booked him virtually everytime he reffed him.

Since Rennie I can't recall any top level Black or Ethnic minority referees? I wonder if his career was over as soon as he put his foot down with Shearer. I recall he wouldn't tolerate his snidey elbows and swearing and booked him virtually everytime he reffed him.

There was a football league ref in the 00's. Singh. Fucking useless referee.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.