Australia Fires

bugsyblue

There must be a thread on this? If not, why not? Is Bluemoon a forum full of climate deniers or something?

No. We're just not fucking drama Queens (excepting the matchday threads). Nature catches fire out there as part of the circle of life, man has decide to live amongst this. Obviously we all wish those affected well and hopefully it'll burn itself out or they'll get rain soon

Well there isn't much to discuss really it's very very sad, I've mentioned it in a couple of threads, 1300 homes lost, 500 million animals dead, a 3rd of all the koala population has perished. An area the size of Belgium burnt.
Whether you think it is down to global warming or whether you believe these bushfires have always happened is a debate we could have but no one seems to be winning that debate.
Where I live on the gold coast we are not affected by the bushfires, Australia is a massive country that fits a couple of Europe's in I think, it's kind of like having fires in Greece and not being affected in the UK.
One thing is for sure and that is that we have had these bushfires practically every year for a very long time it's just that this year we had a very dry spring with little rain so the undergrowth is tinder dry and flying embers from each fire are starting new fires so this is a bad year, there is no doubt.
But this is not a new phenomena as the media in its sensational ways would have you believe.

Well there isn't much to discuss really it's very very sad, I've mentioned it in a couple of threads, 1300 homes lost, 500 million animals dead, a 3rd of all the koala population has perished. An area the size of Belgium burnt.
Whether you think it is down to global warming or whether you believe these bushfires have always happened is a debate we could have but no one seems to be winning that debate.
Where I live on the gold coast we are not affected by the bushfires, Australia is a massive country that fits a couple of Europe's in I think, it's kind of like having fires in Greece and not being affected in the UK.
One thing is for sure and that is that we have had these bushfires practically every year for a very long time it's just that this year we had a very dry spring with little rain so the undergrowth is tinder dry and flying embers from each fire are starting new fires so this is a bad year, there is no doubt.
But this is not a new phenomena as the media in its sensational ways would have you believe.

No. We're just not fucking drama Queens (excepting the matchday threads). Nature catches fire out there as part of the circle of life, man has decide to live amongst this.

Swiss cheese saying it's just the circle of life, the bush fires are bigger than the size of Belgium which is ridiculous. Imagine hearing about a whole country in Europe being on fire and surely you would realise this isn't just a 'circle of life' event

Swiss cheese saying it's just the circle of life, the bush fires are bigger than the size of Belgium which is ridiculous. Imagine hearing about a whole country in Europe being on fire and surely you would realise this isn't just a 'circle of life' event
Before you start unleashing the thunberg on us bear in mind that Australia is pretty vast. 'an area the size of Belgium ' seems big in terms of our little island, in terms of Australia it's not quite such a significant area. I'm sure it feels significant to those affected though.

Before you start unleashing the thunberg on us bear in mind that Australia is pretty vast. 'an area the size of Belgium ' seems big in terms of our little island, in terms of Australia it's not quite such a significant area. I'm sure it feels significant to those affected though.

Considering the last time this many people died in an Australian bushfire was 1967 I'd hardly say this is the circle of life.

Considering the last time this many people died in an Australian bushfire was 1967 I'd hardly say this is the circle of life.
Seeing as you can so easily quote a precedent within such recent history I'd say it most definitely is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.