Food bank at West Ham game (p5)

It’s actually an unofficial group as far as I know, rather than a formal club partnership. Agree though that it’s shameful that people still rely on food banks in this day and age. Probably a discussion for another thread, but there’s a clear correlation as to why they’ve been on the rise exponentially since 2010.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that it's not club endorsed. I would add that when some of us approached the club about setting one up a few years ago and having a drop-off point at the stadium, it was back-heeled on the grounds that the tins could be used as missiles to lob at away fans ffs!

Reactions: Ric
MCFC fans foodbank support : a quick update from yesterday ......it was a huge success with the level of donations received far exceeding even the most optimistic expectations !! Well done to everyone who contributed. HOWEVER that was only the beginning , they will be at the same place (opposite ASDA on main stadium side / junction of ashton new road & Alan Turing way) on Saturday v Port Vale between 3 -5 pm . Full list of stuff they need is on Twitter and they will also take cash donations , no amount too small . Thanks again in advance .

MCFC fans foodbank support : a quick update from yesterday ......it was a huge success with the level of donations received far exceeding even the most optimistic expectations !! Well done to everyone who contributed. HOWEVER that was only the beginning , they will be at the same place (opposite ASDA on main stadium side / junction of ashton new road & Alan Turing way) on Saturday v Port Vale between 3 -5 pm . Full list of stuff they need is on Twitter and they will also take cash donations , no amount too small . Thanks again in advance .

Will check if they need any coats. Bring one with me to port vale.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.