Caglar Soyuncu

I just dont get the excitement factor with him. Hes in a solid defense with a defensive block in front of him. Can he play in out defense? Not seen him turned with a long ball and chasing a speedy forward/winger which is what happens to us constantly. We need a speedy, physical, alpha male CB. A leader who organises and bollocks people who makes errors and praises good defending. Soyunco isnt that for me. Hopefully it's a pass.

So anyone think we genuinely want him or is it just media bollocks? I personally think we need a CB for a champions league push this month but we would need to sell a foreign player to make it happen.

We've wanted him for a while mate. The offer seems very specific too. This could get nasty.

There was talk of a release clause and Leicester trying to remove it by offering him vastly improved wages?

I'm not sure if he has actually penned a new deal as such, but he is very much liked.

We ripped him a new one recently, but then City can do that to any defender.

If this news is legit, it also means Cancelo has asked to leave this month, as I am not aware of another foreign player who has one foot out of the door.

Last edited:
We've wanted him for a whole mate. The offer seems very specific too. This could get nasty.

There was talk of a release clause and Leicester trying to remove it by offering him vastly improved wages.

I'm not sure if he has actually penned a nde deal as such, but he is very much liked.

If this news is legit, it also means Cancelo has asked to leave this month, as I am not aware of another foreign player who has one foot out of the door.
Nobody want nico at a reduced fee? Even if we offered to pay % of wage on remainder of his contract.

We said the same about Ian Nacho.

Fair enough. Totally made up for Nacho at the moment, seems like Brendan has finally found a way to get him involved and being useful. Happy for him.

Rodgers keeps saying it.... nobody is leaving.

Literally zero chance of buying him in January, we already want another CB so we aren’t looking to get rid of one.

The Turkish media use us as click bait, we are linked with every Turkish player going over there because we are popular with their fans at the moment because Soyuncu is doing well.

£60m?..... £80m is the benchmark for that big lump. Soyuncu is better.

We've wanted him for a whole mate. The offer seems very specific too. This could get nasty.

There was talk of a release clause and Leicester trying to remove it by offering him vastly improved wages.

I'm not sure if he has actually penned a nde deal as such, but he is very much liked.

We don’t deal in release clauses any more after getting burnt with Kante.

I just dont get the excitement factor with him. Hes in a solid defense with a defensive block in front of him. Can he play in out defense? Not seen him turned with a long ball and chasing a speedy forward/winger which is what happens to us constantly. We need a speedy, physical, alpha male CB. A leader who organises and bollocks people who makes errors and praises good defending. Soyunco isnt that for me. Hopefully it's a pass.
He’s literally everything you mentioned but the leader part. But that’s because he’s young and learning from the leader next to him.

We don’t deal in release clauses any more after getting burnt with Kante.

That's not strictly true. Kelechi has a release clause we can activate any time in the next two years for £35m.

I like Soyuncu a lot. I never trust a pretty faced centre back.

Phil Jones, the exception to the rule, naturally!

He’s literally everything you mentioned but the leader part. But that’s because he’s young and learning from the leader next to him.
But that's what we need the most. It's no coincidence we are extremely shite in defense with vinny gone. The defense is young and full of nice guys. There isnt a player to leave a "reducer" on a speedy winger/forward. Nico tries but gets turned due to not physically or mentally fast enough. No one pulls players around setting positions or gets adrenaline going with back slaps/pushes for a great bit of defending. Our defense needs an alpha Male leader not another guy learning off a 24 year old learning or a 31 year old making more mistakes than you.

Nobody want nico at a reduced fee? Even if we offered to pay % of wage on remainder of his contract.

Very few players want to leave in mid-season unless they are seriously unhappy or they are moving up.

Seeing Pep trial the three at the back, had me thinking Cancelo could be the one allowed to leave, with Garcia showing again how comfortable he is if a natural full-back was injured.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.