United (A) - League Cup SF Post-Match Thread

Walker just said in his post match exactly what happened in the 2nd half.

He said they were told to control the game, conserve energy, and only attack when the opportunity presented itself. That's a clear order from Pep at half time. We may not like it, but he is thinking for the next games clearly.
Yup. It makes the last ten or 15 mins of games we re winning frustrating. But they did say they were knackered tonight, given the blistering first half fair do's to them.

Wait . . . are you Brendan Rogers?

You have a three-goal lead on one of the best counter-attacking sides around, and you want to keep chasing. So when do you stop? Is six goals enough? Seven?
Is the game over, or at half time?
How many of those missed chances might we come to regret?
We are clearly in the cat bird seat, but this tie should be OVER now, and it isn’t.
And, to directly answer your question: You NEVER stop trying to win a tie.

look at the fouls again lol

ENtdcg0XYAAU6Ux.jpg
All tactical...

look at the fouls again lol

ENtdcg0XYAAU6Ux.jpg
Very much instructed. We fannied around them like they were precious commodities at our place last month. We barely tickled them, never mind tackled them.

Yeah cause pep has always been proven to know fuck all. We only have a game on sunday, CL, FA Cup, league cup 2nd leg, rest of the season ahead. But yes your right, we have fuck all to play for this season.
Might want to read what I said mate as it was nothing like that.

Yes the CL which starts in Feb, and the FA/League Cup which are both at the end of Jan. What's the fucking point in taking your foot off the scums neck, in a 2 legged knock out game when they are lubed up and ready for the taking? We could comfortably have changed our entire 11 for the next league game if they are that fatigued and still put out a team with Ederson, Cancelo, Stones, Garcia, Angelino, Zinchenko, Foden, Jesus and Aguero. Fuck me how would we have managed.

You say that yet you were saying Sterling didn’t play badly in the match thread....

I think you'll find I said he played well apart from his finishing.

Yeah cause pep has always been proven to know fuck all. We only have a game on sunday, CL, FA Cup, league cup 2nd leg, rest of the season ahead. But yes your right, we have fuck all to play for this season.

If only we'd played for 60 minutes tonight instead of 45, and we could have rested everyone in the second leg instead of having to take it seriously...

Two things stun me. First how do we have 57% possession but get 73% of the free kicks against us? Second, how do we win 3 1 at the swamp, but so many people in here moan like fuck?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.