United (A) - League Cup SF Post-Match Thread

Had a couple of beers last night and I craftily steered the conversation onto the cup game on Tuesday as seen as there was a couple of reds in attendance. I didn't realise the laws of the game had changed, because one of them said "we won the 2nd half 1-0". It was as if the 1st half had never happened. Now this isn't the first time I've heard this ridiculous comment, and funnily enough every time it's come from a utd fan. It's pitiful to hear, it really is.
That’s mind boggling. I’ve never heard any rag say that but there’s a reason for that.

He isn't Distin but he's quick enough for a centre back. He's a decent player but City were right not to match his asking price, its a ridiculous fee for the player he is. Paying over inflated fees has become a trade mark for the rags over recent years, its brilliant.
I didn't want him at all. Would have wanted a kid from the academy play over him as he is bang average and looks gormless.

I remember it well. There were very strict ticket buying restrictions in terms of vouchers or whatever for United fans.

I went down there trying to buy off a tout. "Any spare tickets?".There were hundreds of people on the forecourt doing the same and absolutely no tickets about. I don't think I saw one being sold. At kick off there were still absolutely hundreds scrounging around, I presume mostly blues, and we all sloped off. I went back to my mate's car to wait as a couple of them had tickets. I sat in the car on the car park and listened to the match. When Brightwell equalised I went ballistic and at exactly that moment I caught the eye of a few lads in the next car doing exactly the same. We all damced around the car park for a while and then got on with our lives.

A couple of my mates were in the same boat and were hanging round the car park trying to get tickets. According to them, they got in about 10 minutes from the end when they opened the gates.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.