Rank Manchester City biggest games

Strictly speaking, we didn't really win the game against Gillingham, we won on penalties, but more importantly it is more than 20 years ago too (I feel old).

Whilst the 6-1 was highly enjoyable, it has no place on the list in eyes, but I suppose it depends on what your metric is for "biggest".
Without the sick swan - say we won just 1-0 that is a swing in goal difference from plus 10 for City to just 2 for City. Didn't we win the league with plus 9?

Last edited:
Beating Stoke 2-1 at home around Christmas when the second half performance galvanised the squad. Otherwise the semi-final would not have happened.
I would agree. More specifically, the second half fight back. Without that win v Stoke God knows what would have happened.
Gillingham of course as everyone has said.
The 1-0 v the Rags at Wembley showed the tide was turning
93:20 and Sergio’s goal gave us something no club can emulate
Perhaps that 1-0 home win v Spurs that got CL for the first time ever- that was significant
Happy memories!!!!!!

1 qpr
2 qpr
3 qpr
4 qp.............

You get the gist. A moment of pure joy never to be repeated. The pinnacle and the start of the demise for me.

ok a bit of fun here

rank the biggest wins in the clubs modern day history of the past 20 years from 1 to 5

1, play off final 1999 vs gillingham
2, FA cup semi final vs united 2011
3, FA cup final 2011 vs stoke
4, united vs city 1.6 derby 2011
5, city vs QPR 2012 premier league winners
That appears too be a selection of matches between 2011 and 2012 plus a tie outside the 20-year timeframe.

Some bizarre choices for a team that scooped all the domestic honours last year and a couple of League-League Cup doubles earlier.

The Stoke match wouldn’t come near the top for me.

but if manchester won the bid united would be playing at the stadium right now ???? and no eastlands because salford/trafford had been earmarked for new build
That’s not how I recall it. The Olympic bid was based around the East Side of Manchester. The only difference in the Stadium was that it was downsized for the Commonwealth Games.

I don’t think that there was a pups chance of United departing from the swamp (or Theatre of Nightmares).

Also to be honest there wasn’t a chance of Manchester ever pulling off the bid for the Olympics in the first place.

That’s not how I recall it. The Olympic bid was based around the East Side of Manchester. The only difference in the Stadium was that it was downsized for the Commonwealth Games.

I don’t think that there was a pups chance of United departing from the swamp (or Theatre of Nightmares).

Also to be honest there wasn’t a chance of Manchester ever pulling off the bid for the Olympics in the first place.

defo west manchester matey, it was earmarked for the new stadium and as for united moving old trafford was in a mess and united had to revamp all sides of the ground and even the stretford end
and believe me united did look to move from OT and would have moved into the new stadium with the size that was going to be 80.000 if manchester won the bid

but your right manchester was never going to win the bid and it was daft to even think we would over the others and only london was even going to host the game again

That appears too be a selection of matches between 2011 and 2012 plus a tie outside the 20-year timeframe.

Some bizarre choices for a team that scooped all the domestic honours last year and a couple of League-League Cup doubles earlier.

The Stoke match wouldn’t come near the top for me.

the correct answer would have been your 5 choices matey ?? the ranking does not just comes from what people call glory and honor but the meaning ?? and yes your right 1999 comes out of the bracket i asked to rank them but i keep forgetting its 2020 hahaha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.