Rank Manchester City biggest games

I would agree. More specifically, the second half fight back. Without that win v Stoke God knows what would have happened.
Gillingham of course as everyone has said.
The 1-0 v the Rags at Wembley showed the tide was turning
93:20 and Sergio’s goal gave us something no club can emulate
Perhaps that 1-0 home win v Spurs that got CL for the first time ever- that was significant
Happy memories!!!!!!

could i add a loss to arsenal away when mario got sent off ?? the whole club given up on the title even mancini said its over ? but united said hold on we will give you a boost and draw at home to everton and lose to wigan and the rest is history

Boro away in 2007 as the turning point - or else the rest would not have happened.

The 1999 play off win ended up setting city back a year. We would have gone up in 2001 and not down instead.

So York City away was better than the Aguero match? Hard to argue with that.

sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture and think what could have easily happened and it was on a knife edge back then and the club could have been finished if a game of football did not go our way in a play off final scary stuff

Boro away in 2007 as the turning point - or else the rest would not have happened.

The 1999 play off win ended up setting city back a year. We would have gone up in 2001 and not down instead.

again good shout and we took one hell of a beating that day Boro away in 2007 and manager gone and the owner was skint and gone into hiding

again good shout and we took one hell of a beating that day Boro away in 2007 and manager gone and the owner was skint and gone into hiding

Meant 2-0 Distin scoring not the 1-8. We were on the slide badly in 2006/7 and that kick started a run of away wins which ensured we stay up for the first takeover of the century.

Strictly speaking, we didn't really win the game against Gillingham, we won on penalties, but more importantly it is more than 20 years ago too (I feel old).

Whilst the 6-1 was highly enjoyable, it has no place on the list in eyes, but I suppose it depends on what your metric is for "biggest".
The 1-0 win against United that season was far bigger in terms of importance.

defo west manchester matey, it was earmarked for the new stadium and as for united moving old trafford was in a mess and united had to revamp all sides of the ground and even the stretford end
a nd believe me united did look to move from OT and would have moved into the new stadium with the size that was going to be 80.000 if manchester won the bid

but your right manchester was never going to win the bid and it was daft to even think we would over the others and only london was even going to host the game again
Correct. The stadium was to be built in Dumplington next to where the Trafford Centre is.

Thanks for the explanation.

It’s a romantic enough story but the takeover isn’t precluded by one or two or three more seasons in the 3rd division.

I disagree, or rather I challenge the "two or three seasons" bit. Had we failed in 99 it's far from impossible that we would have never recovered, at least not in time to be in a position where we presented as an attractive proposition. Had 99 not happened as it did, at best we would be a mid table premier league team. It's impossible to overstate the importance of the Gillingham win

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.