Premier League Games 10/11/12 January

You believe that? They pick and choose when they use the fucker, what about the Van Dijk handball the other week? Of course it's VAR.

The one where it didn't actually definitively hit his arm, and the VAR check showed that Anthony Taylor specifically told VAR he saw it wasn't a handball, but everyone on here ignored that and kept posting the one grainy clip from behind where it looked like he might have handballed it?

They've been consistent with it. The rule is stupid in the way it punishes attacking more than defending, but that's not a VAR problem.

You believe that? They pick and choose when they use the fucker, what about the Van Dijk handball the other week? Of course it's VAR.

And this is the point I was making.

It's the implementation of the rule.

Both situations were handball by the rules of the game, only 1 was punished.

I dont go hiding mate.

Corruption no.

VAR implementing a bollocks rule. That’s what’s happened.
Scrap the rule and VAR doesn’t rule it out.
If they scrap that rule but keep VAR then the decision is subjective. It would cause even more issues.

Scrap VAR and the goal stands because its never spotted.

Scrap VAR and we go back to players winning penalty’s with ZERO contact, players scoring MILES offside and players intentionally handballing to score etc etc.

there’s no pleasing either way.

if fans want to scrap VAR I don’t blame them.

I just no going back to the old system won’t diffuse any of the issues - only technological help could solve most of them.

I can’t keep arguing my balanced point of view as some are just so blinded by the ‘corruption’ and ‘ruining the game angle’ that having a rational debate goes out the window.

THIS.

VAR getting the blame but it’s the stupid f*cking rule officials have to implement- its so f*cking ridiculous as never in a million years is that intentional.

I’m fuming.

I’ve ALWAYS said the sole reason I would want VAR scrapped is because of the spontaneous celebration it robs you off. I’m negative by nature so I just don’t trust any goal we score now. Raahhhh.

well played you hammers anyway, tough away game and we matched them most of it - good to see the work rate and organisation back - but this is a killer defeat with a tough run coming up.
Your post is right on most points, however the Hammers gifted Sheffield that win.

I will never ever know why an inexperienced back up keeper decides to play out from the back instead of going long, and
THIS.

VAR getting the blame but it’s the stupid f*cking rule officials have to implement- its so f*cking ridiculous as never in a million years is that intentional.

I’m fuming.

I’ve ALWAYS said the sole reason I would want VAR scrapped is because of the spontaneous celebration it robs you off. I’m negative by nature so I just don’t trust any goal we score now. Raahhhh.

well played you hammers anyway, tough away game and we matched them most of it - good to see the work rate and organisation back - but this is a killer defeat with a tough run coming up.
Was your keeper at fault for there goal, I haven't seen the game tonite?

If they scrap that rule but keep VAR then the decision is subjective. It would cause even more issues.
I don’t think it would. No referee ever gives that handball prior to the rule change. Scrap that stupid rule change and that’s given a goal 99 times out of 100 with or without VAR.

The game prior to VAR wasn’t full of controversy every single game like it is now. Every now and then there would be a howler like say the Henry handball one for France against Ireland, that for me was the type of thing VAR supposed to address. Now the tweeks to handball rules like tonight and the general way VAR is manipulating games and outcomes is so much worse than anything we could ever have imagined this time last year.

Just seen the Chosen One's post match interview (had to nip out for a few minutes). "The person checking the VAR got it wrong". No Davey, they didn't. As the rule stands now, they got it right. Now don't get me wrong; the rule as it is being implemented stinks. No way was it intentional by Rice. But it was "handball".

I don’t think it would. No referee ever gives that handball prior to the rule change. Scrap that stupid rule change and that’s given a goal 99 times out of 100 with or without VAR.

The game prior to VAR wasn’t full of controversy every single game like it is now. Every now and then there would be a howler like say the Henry handball one for France against Ireland, that for me was the type of thing VAR supposed to address. Now the tweeks to handball rules like tonight and the general way VAR is manipulating games and outcomes is so much worse than anything we could ever have imagined this time last year.

you have a short memory. Literally every game on MOTD in recent years was over shadowed by the refs decisions , offsides , diving, incidents off the ball - it was a farce. And that’s why VAR was bought in.

I’m not saying it’s helped any of the controversy- far from it ! But to pretend there was hardly any of these issues without VAR is way off the mark.

But prior to this season VAR wasn't examining every goal, it's not the refs that are giving these decisions. Of course the rule is dreadful but even if it goes the issues will remain.

The one where it didn't actually definitively hit his arm, and the VAR check showed that Anthony Taylor specifically told VAR he saw it wasn't a handball, but everyone on here ignored that and kept posting the one grainy clip from behind where it looked like he might have handballed it?

They've been consistent with it. The rule is stupid in the way it punishes attacking more than defending, but that's not a VAR problem.
I didn’t think it was particularly definitive when the ball apparently hit Laporte’s arm against Spurs, didn’t stop them disallowing that one though did it?

The TAA one would have been interesting the other way round, I’d like to see whether they’d claim it led to the attack that Fabinho scored from if it had been a goal City scored.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.