FA Cup R4 - Fulham (H) - Sun 26/01 - 1:00pm

Great pricing. Will be sold out and full of city fans, in particular locals. Unlike the champions league game
I agree. At those prices they will have to open up Colin Bell level 3. But I don't understand why Fulham have got whole South top tier. I have never seen them sell more than 1000 tickets in the 50 plus years I have followed City. In fact my first match was Fulham at Maine Road (won 5-1 in 1968) in the pre-segreation days and the total silence when they scored has always stayed in my memory!

I agree. At those prices they will have to open up Colin Bell level 3. But I don't understand why Fulham have got whole South top tier. I have never seen them sell more than 1000 tickets in the 50 plus years I have followed City. In fact my first match was Fulham at Maine Road (won 5-1 in 1968) in the pre-segreation days and the total silence when they scored has always stayed in my memory!
the only time i've known them to take their full allocation was in the North stand at Maine rd when we beat em 3-0 the season they won the old 3rd division....

I said yesterday that I reckon Fulham will bring 2500 minimum and I stand by that. I think some are under-estimating the pull of the FA Cup and the fact that it’s a weekend game with cheap prices will see a bigger than expected away following I reckon.

It is nice that tickets for the game are cheap but a return train ticket on the day is around 80 Gbp,so it is going to be expensive day.

It is nice that tickets for the game are cheap but a return train ticket on the day is around 80 Gbp,so it is going to be expensive day.
To be fair, it was always going to be expensive getting back to Denmark.

I said yesterday that I reckon Fulham will bring 2500 minimum and I stand by that. I think some are under-estimating the pull of the FA Cup and the fact that it’s a weekend game with cheap prices will see a bigger than expected away following I reckon.

I disagree. When was the last time Fulham brought more than c1,000 to the Etihad ? Especially as its an early KO. I hope you're right and I'm wrong but the pull of the FA Cup is nowhere near what it used to be. The blame being laid well & truly at the door of the TV companies, IMHO.

I disagree. When was the last time Fulham brought more than c1,000 to the Etihad ? Especially as its an early KO. I hope you're right and I'm wrong but the pull of the FA Cup is nowhere near what it used to be. The blame being laid well & truly at the door of the TV companies, IMHO.

Looking at some of the attendances last weekend, on the face of it you’re right, but while a lot of home crowds aren’t all that, there are plenty of decent away followings in the FA Cup. Granted, our stadium isn’t a novelty for Fulham fans as they’ve played there multiple times, but I’ve got this niggly feeling that they’ll bring a few thousand.

As for the last time they brought over 1000, someone else mentioned it but it was probably in January 1999 when we played them in the 3rd tier. Granted, they were top and running away with the league so that would’ve been a major factor.

Worst kick off times are:
Monday night
Saturday 12:30
Sunday 13:00
Sunday 14:00
Sunday 16:30

Best kick kick off times are:
Saturday 17:30
Saturday 15:00
Saturday 19:45
Friday 19:45
Then Tues and Wednes games

Spot on mate.
Though I can also handle 1230 Saturday if need be - ie if I don’t go straight home afterwards.

I seem to remember Fulham brought quite a few when they beat us 3-2 at our place after being 2-0 down. Then went on to stay up. What a defence we had in them days:

Joe Hart
Vedran Corluka
Sun Ji Hai
Michael Ball
Elano
Gelson Fernandes
Stephen Ireland
Michael Johnson
Benjani
Martin Petrov
Darius Vassell

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.