Derby Day Screamers

every single goal we have ever scored against that lot

Bernardo’s finish on Tuesday night was a thing of beauty. Running at the rags and unleashing that rocket off the underside of the bar has to be one of the best goals I’ve seen a City player score in a derby. Throughout the years when were utter shite just having a shot on goal against them horrible twats was something to celebrate but looking back City have scored some worldies against the rags.

Other memorable goals for me I’ve witnessed would be Ian Brightwell to equalise in 1990. The ball dropped to him and in his words ‘I just wellied it’.

Craig Bellamy 2009 in one game I’d rather forget in the 4-3 loss. He scored two cracking goals that day but the one where he cuts inside from the right and hits a peach right in the top corner past Van de Sar was unstoppable.

Shaun Wright Phillips 2004 first ever derby at the Etihad. Picks up the ball that always looks like it’s going out of play every time I rewatch it then runs at their fullback and fizzes it off the cross bar. Typical of the goals he would score for us during that time, he had some shot on him with little back lift.

Demarcus Beasley 2006, think we were playing at Old Trafford in a navy blue away kit which was weird. Even more weirder under the shite leadership of Pearce this goal happened. Once again rags not closing down and a pearler off the cross bar at the score board end.

Ilkay Gudonghan 2018 for number three. Wasn’t the finish but the build up play before hand was something to behold 40 odd passes being patient and putting the rags on a merry go round.

Any more you can think of? David Oldfield tapping it in for number 4 at the Platt Lane during the 5-1 or Nicolas Anekla putting us one up from two yards out at the last ever derby at Maine Road don’t count.

I think it was Ben Foster in goal for them as I remember Tevez taking the ball of him for Barry's goal, but agree both Bellamy's goals were quality in that game, the second one in particular!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.