Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
A huge boost when he returns for you. It’s sad to see any player suffer a bad injury and despite how depleted the city back line is his return has to done methodologically so hopefully there will not be any nonsense like 60 mins the first time he’s back in the team.

I would see him as the 2nd best CB in the league behind Van Djik so he will obviously improve things but not to the level most are expecting and certainly not straight away.

Last season City barely gave the ball away, never mind giving up a shot or a goal. As an outsider I would have viewed the 2 Silva's as being the key to this. David looks finished and Bernardo's form has fallen off a cliff, add in teams being able to defend 10 yards higher because there is no Sane to worry about in behind and I think those 3 things are a bigger issue than Laporte being absent.

My memory is fine Marvin.
Our attack is sensational. Don't misunderstand me. We score lots as a team. However, we can not shut up shop as a team.
At best a team will have a great chance and we rely on them missing that chance. Luckily its not often we do need to hold on as we are usually 2/3 up but when we do we are a shambles and cant do it. Its a huge flaw in a near perfect system. Even with Kompany and Laporte it wasn't possible.

We could shut up shop when De Jong was the DM. Ferny could do exactly the same job as De Jong, but there is no one who can take Ferny's DM responsibilities as effectively as Ferny would do! An attacking outfit like City is always vulnerable, but add kamikaze defending to that vulnerability and we are left thinking that we're gonna let a goal in at every turn.

I would see him as the 2nd best CB in the league behind Van Djik so he will obviously improve things but not to the level most are expecting and certainly not straight away.

Last season City barely gave the ball away, never mind giving up a shot or a goal. As an outsider I would have viewed the 2 Silva's as being the key to this. David looks finished and Bernardo's form has fallen off a cliff, add in teams being able to defend 10 yards higher because there is no Sane to worry about in behind and I think those 3 things are a bigger issue than Laporte being absent.

Yes, I find it hard to believe it is all down to Laporte being injured. To add to your list we have two centre halves in Ota and Stones who have been poor, LB being more of an issue this season, introducing a new player who is the fulcrum of the system (Rodri), not enough legs around Rodri to compensate for his lack of mobility compared to Ferna and regular injuries to key players such as KDB.

I honestly don't think teams defend higher up the pitch. They can't do as we still have pace in Sterling and Mahrez, Jesus, Bernardo and KDB are hardly Crouch like in terms of speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.