FA Cup R5 - Sheff Wed (A) - Wed 4 Mar 7:45pm

I read somewhere City played Wednesday in a cup replay, but the replay had to be a 3pm ko midweek and 69k turned up at Maine Rd, employers let fans take time off to watch the game, I think that was in the 1930s, and they say we haven't got any history.
Probably after that Hillsborough record crowd I mentioned which still stands today,the game finished 2-2 and the replay at Maine road was watched by 69k.

Anyone no more on this? I like this story.

@Gary James
The MEN mentioned it in this article about the Stoke QF. I'm surprised City's manager wasn't asked why we were down 15k for the previous round;)

Apparently a fan died at the Hillsborough match before play and was stretchered past Swift and plenty were fainting at the Stoke game. Different times.

Last edited:
According to reports, it's 3 live (presumably 2 BT, 1 BBC) and the other 5 streamed over the FA website. Which will probably fall over.

Chelsea does look the first pick, and cross their fingers that Liverpool get through.

What reports? I haven't seen any, except someone saying it here in this very forum out of the blue without any reference ...

I highly doubt BT Sport or BBC would give up games, they've had 5 every round for past few years and I expect it to be the same this year as well.

PS. I just did a quick google and can't find any reports??

What reports? I haven't seen any, except someone saying it here in this very forum out of the blue without any reference ...

I highly doubt BT Sport or BBC would give up games, they've had 5 every round for past few years and I expect it to be the same this year as well.

PS. I just did a quick google and can't find any reports??

I was taking it from here:
https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/...-dates-ball-numbers-watch-live-stream-1374050

"BBC and BT Sport will televise three of the eight matches while the remaining five fixtures will be streamed for free on the FA's website."

I was taking it from here:
https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/...-dates-ball-numbers-watch-live-stream-1374050

"BBC and BT Sport will televise three of the eight matches while the remaining five fixtures will be streamed for free on the FA's website."

I think they've got it the other way around, FIVE would be with TV and other THREE on FA's website ...

Given the TV companies had 3 + 2 for all rounds for last few years (and the TV packages/rights are usually sold in blocks of a few years) PLUS they got 1 replay each on top of those initial 5 ... I highly highly doubt they'd give up their broadcasting rights now even more so when they know they'd not be getting any replays this round from this year ... plus no other outlet or news report suggests that so I think that is a typo and simply a swap of three and five the other way around ...

Anyway, we'd find out soon enough when the TV picks are announced. Five or Three, surely we'd be in the top two picks anyway!

I think they've got it the other way around, FIVE would be with TV and other THREE on FA's website ...

Given the TV companies had 3 + 2 for all rounds for last few years (and the TV packages/rights are usually sold in blocks of a few years) PLUS they got 1 replay each on top of those initial 5 ... I highly highly doubt they'd give up their broadcasting rights now even more so when they know they'd not be getting any replays this round from this year ... plus no other outlet or news report suggests that so I think that is a typo and simply a swap of three and five the other way around ...

Anyway, we'd find out soon enough when the TV picks are announced. Five or Three, surely we'd be in the top two picks anyway!

I agree that it does look a bit odd, but the timeframe is far more condensed this time. Only 3 days, and evenings only. Whenever the BBC have one, there definitely won't be a BT match, and I can't see the BBC having more than 1. That would mean BT showing 2 at the same time on the other two days - which is possible.

As you say, we'll find out, I imagine on Thursday or Friday - I wouldn't expect it to be before the semifinals are done.

Could play Wednesday or Thursday. We have Arsenal/ EFL Final Sunday before and Utd. Sunday after.

Just so fucking typical when we get a good draw for once, that the games are played on even more ridiculous days. Does anyone know the reasoning behind it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.