United (H) - League Cup SF 2nd Leg Post-Match Thread

Having started at end of thread and seen this post, I don't think I'll bother reading much.

The result was a travesty tonight but the outcome was as it should be and we go again to Wembley.

The Rags got lucky and stole a win because a ball broke kindly for Matic and City wasted some golden chances.

The Russ Abbott in the final will be excellent. Looking forward to it.

Reactions: OB1
Christ on a fucking bike. Blue fucking moon.

We are in a final. We lost and went through.

Nervewrecking, yes. Doesn't matter now. Over two legs we won. We are in a final against Aston Villa. I feel sorry to break this down but quite frankly at times it is necessary on here. Why moan? It's done. We're through.

We could beat Villa in the final but if the performances wasn't up to scratch you know how people would react. It's how United fans used to behave.

PEP We played a side with incredible physicality. The goal was from a set piece. The first time they shot on target. In both games we were better. I am so satisfied with the players, and the way they play with the problems in the back four.

PEP
@Laporte and @fernandinho are not completely fit. @benmendy23 neither. We’ll see in the next days. I am pretty sure they will be OK for West Ham, I don’t know for Spurs. We don’t want to take risks.

PEP (On goalkeeping choice in the final) Last season I changed @edersonmoraes93 for Aro Muric because we played Chelsea and they had incredible high pressing and we needed to play quicker and better in the build up. @C1audioBravo is going to play (the final).

PEP I try to send a message to my players of how we want to play. This selection sent a message we had to go and attack. United won, but people cannot say we tried to defend the result. I had six players up front. All the players had the mentality to attack and be creative.

You’re just as bad then pal.

Why, because I’m not a happy clapper and I expect City to do better?

Utd are mid table standard any other season than this diabolical one.

They’re short with injuries and we had them there for the taking and buckled.

I expect more from the players and manager and I was on this board, several weeks ago, going mad that we’d almost refused to attack at the end of the first leg, conserving energy, when they were more open than Giggs’s Sister in Law’s legs and we didn’t take it.

We then somehow get into a situation where we’re praying a free kick doesn’t go in last kick of the tie, to take it to penalties from sheer stupidity.

Poorly prepared and poor game plan is an understatement.

EPewiQLW4AEKVNz.jpg

We were in a situation at the end of 180 mins where a free kick on the edge of our box, to them, could have seen a the tie go to penalties.

To get into that position from utterly dominating the first leg, choosing to step off the gas to conserve energy, when we could have scored 2 more and humiliated them, is fucking piss poor tactics.

Tonight was a shambles second half. A manager should be judged on his team talks and we came out worse than we went in.

He’s our most successful manager ever and I’ll love him for that but he’s not beyond criticism and he’s not got a free pass forever. We’re now a major club and there’s a high standard.

He might not believe that, thinking we’ve got no history and moaning about a fucking 40k crowd for a cup game at the end of Jan, against lower league opposition, but we fucking are and Khaldoon knows we are.

He needs to have a think and get back to basics. Picking a team on its merits and with players in form.

Yup agree with all of this. A performance isn’t suddenly immune from discussion and criticism just cause we are through.

The performance in the final third was awful we are not being as ruthless as Liverpool this year and it really shows at times.

PEP We played a side with incredible physicality. The goal was from a set piece. The first time they shot on target. In both games we were better. I am so satisfied with the players, and the way they play with the problems in the back four.

PEP
@Laporte and @fernandinho are not completely fit. @benmendy23 neither. We’ll see in the next days. I am pretty sure they will be OK for West Ham, I don’t know for Spurs. We don’t want to take risks.

PEP (On goalkeeping choice in the final) Last season I changed @edersonmoraes93 for Aro Muric because we played Chelsea and they had incredible high pressing and we needed to play quicker and better in the build up. @C1audioBravo is going to play (the final).

PEP I try to send a message to my players of how we want to play. This selection sent a message we had to go and attack. United won, but people cannot say we tried to defend the result. I had six players up front. All the players had the mentality to attack and be creative.

White noise.

The biggest problem with Pep is that he far too often changes the side depending on the so called "history" of his opponents. In doing so he sends mixed messages to his players and you get games like tonight's where it becomes ponderous.

He needs to improve us tactically but too often he fucks around because of the opposition. We're not going to beat Madrid if Pep drops an XI like that tonight.

Don't get me wrong, I'm buzzing we'll be at Wembley, but it feels like Pep doesn't trust this team on big stages and we get performances like tonight.

Why do I feel gutted when we are off to Wembley again???

That was so fucking frustrating, shit again in front of goal, shit at keeping clean sheets & i thought our formation wasn't right although we should have been out of site.

Once again Pep fucks up with Sterling starting & major factor that shape tonight was chosen just to fit him & Bernardo in.

He has gone from the best in Europe to the fucking worst & nobody can say different

That's 10 defeats at home to them ****s who are shit & had there best players missing

I should be over the moon but feel we have been bummed again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.