United (H) - League Cup SF 2nd Leg Post-Match Thread

I can’t get my head round most of this thread, it was two legged, 180 mins of football, we beat our rivals 3-2 to reach a final, why are people dissecting it down to suit their point.

I am buzzing we beat them twats, we won the tie. Bring on the same result in the chumps league in every round.
Win 1-3 in Madrid, lose 1-0 at home, happy fucking days.

Get real
Against Madrid yes against a crap Utd missing their best player people are right to be a bit concerned. But yes in the greater scheme of things it is probably of little importance.

If we get them at home in the FA Cup, another home defeat would be unforgivable.

If we get them at home in the FA Cup, another home defeat would be unforgivable.
Football is not a science.

A team can do anything but score and then the opposition can score with their first attack.

Utd needed a break to have a chance of going through. They got it, and still failed.

I can’t get my head round most of this thread, it was two legged, 180 mins of football, we beat our rivals 3-2 to reach a final, why are people dissecting it down to suit their point.

I am buzzing we beat them twats, we won the tie. Bring on the same result in the chumps league in every round.
Win 1-3 in Madrid, lose 1-0 at home, happy fucking days.

Get real

Having had 2 days to calm down I concur.
That said this is now twice in the space of 2 years that we have fluffed a real chance to rub their noses in it. League game we fucked up to lose 3 2 and this week.
It's not through lack of effort or anything but simply we dont put the throttle on when we need to.

Football is not a science.

A team can do anything but score and then the opposition can score with their first attack.

Utd needed a break to have a chance of going through. They got it, and still failed.

West Ham they did not even have a shot on target but still beat us one nil

Can't help but contrast the two semi-finals:

Villa (luckily) edge past Leicester... and their fans go into wild celebrations ... full pitch invasion, mobbing of players, singing "Wembley" long after the game, etc.

We beat our fiercest rivals over 2 legs, whom we've all learned to hate all our lives, and who were desperate to rescue their season, outplaying them in both legs ... and there's nothing but grumbles from half of us.

I understand many of the frustrations - I felt oddly flat after the 2nd leg too - but really, I wonder if we're not getting a bit "entitled" as a fanbase ? Something we all need to guard against, and try to just enjoy the (exceptionally) good times while they last ?

Villa (luckily) edge past Leicester... and their fans go into wild celebrations ... full pitch invasion, mobbing of players, singing "Wembley" long after the game, etc.

We beat our fiercest rivals over 2 legs, whom we've all learned to hate all our lives, and who were desperate to rescue their season, outplaying them in both legs ... and there's nothing but grumbles from half of us.

I understand many of the frustrations - I felt oddly flat after the 2nd leg too - but really, I wonder if we're not getting a bit "entitled" as a fanbase ? Something we all need to guard against, and try to just enjoy the (exceptionally) good times while they last ?
Exactly

Had City beaten Utd in the 93rd minute after a draw in the first leg I think matters might have been a little different but I agree with your general point.

It's an achievement to get to a Wembley final, and we should make the most of what could be a very pleasant day indeed. I shall enjoy the anticipation of another Wembley final.

Manchester City paying back its loyal supporters once again. In truth we've been paid back in spades now but more please.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.