Peter Drury replaces Martin Tyler on Sky Sports

I've had a theory about Tyler for a few years now and after seeing him with Carragher and Neville in the commentary gantry for the recent manyoo Scousers match and, his tone when Matic scored on Wednesday, I really don't think it's a matter of favouritism or bias, I simmply think he tailors his reaction dependant upon whether its the home side or the away side that score. If the away team score and he starts shouting and raising his voice in excitement this could be heard by the surrounding home fans and obviously could land him in hot water as the majority of the stadium is deathly quiet when this happens. Listen to his reaction when Matic scored on Wednesday, he doesn't raise his voice, there no yelps or whoops or screams. He reacted the same way every time QPR scored in the 2012 title winner.

I really do think its got everything to do with this and nothing to do with favouritism. Listen to his commentary for games not involving us to give you some objectivity, hell scream like a banshee if it's the home team and react with sullen monotone if it's the away team.
When Liverpool won at Spurs, Tyler literally shouted “Yes!!” when Firmino scored the winner.

It's getting a bit tin foil helmet on here lately.

Two you tube clips, one is the home team scoring in the dying seconds and the other is the away team scoring where the commentator is feet away from the home fans.

Read my earlier post.

I've had a theory about Tyler for a few years now and after seeing him with Carragher and Neville in the commentary gantry for the recent manyoo Scousers match and, his tone when Matic scored on Wednesday, I really don't think it's a matter of favouritism or bias, I simmply think he tailors his reaction dependant upon whether its the home side or the away side that score. If the away team score and he starts shouting and raising his voice in excitement this could be heard by the surrounding home fans and obviously could land him in hot water as the majority of the stadium is deathly quiet when this happens. Listen to his reaction when Matic scored on Wednesday, he doesn't raise his voice, there no yelps or whoops or screams. He reacted the same way every time QPR scored in the 2012 title winner.

I really do think its got everything to do with this and nothing to do with favouritism. Listen to his commentary for games not involving us to give you some objectivity, hell scream like a banshee if it's the home team and react with sullen monotone if it's the away team.
I think you need to go for a hearing test. Seriously.
Edit. So his orgasm for Jonny spare teeth scoring away at spurs for the Scousers was a figment of my imagination was it, accompanied by a joyful yeeeessss I might add.
Looks like he couldn't give two fucks about the home team there.

I think you need to go for a hearing test. Seriously.
Edit. So his orgasm for Jonny spare teeth scoring away at spurs for the Scousers was a figment of my imagination was it, accompanied by a joyful yeeeessss I might add.
Looks like he couldn't give two fucks about the home team there.

OK maybe not in every case but surely you can see my point is correct in a lot of cases. I simply don't think he has a bias. He can be accused of getting over excited but I don't think he's sky 4'er.

If you look for enough examples to prove your point you'll usually find them. Veering into tin helmet territory.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK maybe not in every case but surely you can see my point is correct in a lot of cases. I simply don't think he has a bias. He can be accused of getting over excited but I don't think he's sky 4'er.
The video I put up from the 2014 game v the Scousers was a massive game, lots riding on it obviously, how he couldn't have got excited at our goals, especially our 2nd to make it all square, stinks of bias in my opinion. He totally killed it for me, then of course it's double orgasm time when coutinho scored what proved to be the winner.
Was shit commentating but we're used to shit, shit media coverage, shit ref decisions, shit VAR decisions, shit questions in peps presser's, the list is endless mate.

The video I put up from the 2014 game v the Scousers was a massive game, lots riding on it obviously, how he couldn't have got excited at our goals, especially our 2nd to make it all square, stinks of bias in my opinion. He totally killed it for me, then of course it's double orgasm time when coutinho scored what proved to be the winner.
Was shit commentating but we're used to shit, shit media coverage, shit ref decisions, shit VAR decisions, shit questions in peps presser's, the list is endless mate.

I'm a fully paid up member of the 'everyone hates us' club and I I'm under no illusions how deep and wide this goes. However I do think Tyler is definitely one we should not be firing arrows at. Try and find a clip of him with Carragher and Nevilles for the recent match between them both and see how near he is to the home fans and, given how feral they are, see if you can understand why he keeps his voice down. Tyler is a way past best commentator and should have been put to pasture ages ago but a still don't believe he's a city hater.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.